Poll

Rate from 1-5 stars.

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (10%)
3 (30%)
6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: [CAMPAIGN][RELEASE]Hexen: Beyond Hammerwatch  (Read 39636 times)

rpc190

• Map Maker
    • View Profile
Re: [CAMPAIGN][RELEASE]Hexen: Beyond Hammerwatch
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 04:37:17 PM »
Updated the link for you.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 08:22:35 AM »
Thanks for the feedback Chris, I really appreciate it. I see you guys are very thorough in your play throughs. Most of those were simple fixes and will be corrected in the next patch. I'll respond to a few of the ones that aren't so easy here:

For that that haven't played through spoilers are ahead.

- I think the score not working is out of my control, I have all the same code in menu/gui/end.xml except for replacing the castle with my own image.

- Regarding the panel bridge in Griffin Chapel I'm not sure what you mean by death area overlap, if you are on the bridge when it vanishes you are supposed to die, otherwise you would get stuck. Unless you somehow took damage while the bridge was still active.

- The spike shooter in Guardian of Ice can be avoided by triggering the ice spikes to the left and right to block the spikes while you run through.

- The doors appearing on the minimap is something that needs work but I'm not prioritizing, it mostly occurs in the early areas because I wasn't destroying them after they finished opening since they had to minimap icon in previous versions.

- The rune puzzle in the north-east corner of Guardian of Ice is working as intended, not sure what confused you.

- The lava in Guardian of Fire does very little damage and is working as intended.

- Is the Guardian of Ice bug regarding the checkpoint possibly from an earlier version? The checkpoint seems to be working fine when I tested it.

- I'm not sure what to do about the original powerups being dropped by breakables. They are base assets do if I wanted to remove I'd either have to change the base asset and just keep a backup (which is probably what I'll end up doing) or create new breakables that are part of the hexen mod which would mean replacing every single one.

- Ok, the scoring bug is a strange one, might have had to do with us loading and doing all sorts of strange things while playing, it kept score in the statistics screen, but never showed them properly on the end screen.

- The Griffin damage area was when we were walking back from completing everything on those other sides, it's a strange bug I admit that, look in that area and see if you see any damage areas that can partly overlap the glass bridge

- The guardian of ice puzzle confused us, because we never understood what the buttons did. We felt as we completed the runes AFTER the door was opened and we never understood what happened then.

- It's mostly that you CAN get trapped there and HAVE to die so =)

- The guardian of ice bug might have been form a earlier version yes, we didn't want to "try" it now because last time we did, it messed up the entire game for us haha

- You can easily fix this, copy the barrels and crates from the original assets folder and place them in your mod folder, open them and just remove the loot table and there will be no old mana and such dropped. OR you can just do the same with the mana item, just take your new mana and make a duplicate and name it the same as the old mana and it will replace it.

Btw, thanks for fixing that part in the beginning where you had to die before, now there's a path underneath where you can walk back!

TheYashasama

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2015, 12:01:45 PM »
Hey everyone,

I hope this is the right topic, please tell me if not ;)
I started playing the campaign recently and had a blast so far... However, now I can't continue due to an error that keeps crashing the game.

SPOILER ALERT

I just opened the last of the six gates in Seven Portals, the second portal to Guardian of Steel.
As soon as I walk more than a few steps into the passage on the left the game crashes with the following message:

Spoiler for Hiden:
--- UNHANDLED EXCEPTION - 06.05.2015 15:48:40 - HMW 1.31 ---
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er muss nicht negativ und kleiner als die Auflistung sein.
Parametername: index
   bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   bei System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   bei TiltedEngine.WorldObjects.ScriptNodes.PathNodePath.Dequeue() in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\WorldObjects\ScriptNodes\PathNode.cs:Zeile 110.
   bei ARPGGame.ScriptNodes.MovingEnemyBehavior.DoUpdate(Int32 ms) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\ScriptNodes\MoveAI.cs:Zeile 235.
   bei ARPGGame.ScriptNodes.MovingEnemyBehavior.Update(Int32 ms, WorldActor worldActor, Body body) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\ScriptNodes\MoveAI.cs:Zeile 188.
   bei TiltedEngine.WorldObjects.WorldActor.Update(Int32 ms, WorldNodeLeaf worldNode) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\WorldObjects\WorldActor.cs:Zeile 99.
   bei TiltedEngine.WorldNodeLeaf.Update(Int32 ms) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\WorldNodeLeaf.cs:Zeile 166.
   bei TiltedEngine.WorldNodeBranch.Update(Int32 ms) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\WorldNodeBranch.cs:Zeile 52.
   bei TiltedEngine.WorldNodeBranch.Update(Int32 ms) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\WorldNodeBranch.cs:Zeile 52.
   bei ARPGGame.GameBase.Update(Int32 ms) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\GameBase.cs:Zeile 881.
   bei ARPGGame.ARPGGame.OnUpdateFrame() in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Program.cs:Zeile 976.
   bei ARPGGame.ARPGGame.Run() in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Program.cs:Zeile 561.
   bei ARPGGame.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Program.cs:Zeile 193.
------

Just as an additional information: the path c:\... does not exist on my system...
I tried to verify the game cache (I play on steam) but it didn't help.
Did any of you experience this problem or know how to take care of it?

Cheers,
TheYashasama

rpc190

• Map Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 02:24:43 PM »
TheYashasama what version of Hexen were you playing?

TheYashasama

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2015, 07:10:05 PM »
Version 1.111 - don't tell me it's an old version...

Cheers,
TheYashasama

rpc190

• Map Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 08:02:15 PM »
Well the good news is it was any easy fix and has now been patched. The bad news is if you want to continue you have to download the new version and play up to that point again, my apologies, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Not sure how it went a week without anyone posting anything about it considering it is unavoidable.

If only way I could see you continuing with the current version is this, but it's a long shot:
Spoiler for Hiden:
On the upper side on the interior square on Guardian of Steel if you are playing as the Paladin try dashing past the spikes to open the door in the top right corner. The script that crashed the game trigger whenever you walk past the three torches next to the 2nd Guardian of Steel portal.

TheYashasama

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2015, 04:15:38 PM »
Thanks for the fast fix :)
It didn't took me more than a few hours so I might replay it if the workaround doesn't work since I did play as Paladin.

Cheers,
TheYashasama

CookieShade

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 09:32:05 PM »
Great map! One if the best, if not the best, custom Hammerwatch maps I've played.

We did encounter a pretty severe bug, which destroyed our save file.
At a certain point* , the game crashed. Now, everytime the save file is loaded, the game crashes, generating the following error:
Code: [Select]
--- UNHANDLED EXCEPTION - 2015-05-29 22:13:25 - HMW 1.31 ---
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at TiltedEngine.WorldObjects.ScriptNodes.PathNodePath.Dequeue() in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\WorldObjects\ScriptNodes\PathNode.cs:line 110
   at ARPGGame.ScriptNodes.MovingEnemyBehavior.DoUpdate(Int32 ms) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\ScriptNodes\MoveAI.cs:line 235
   at ARPGGame.ScriptNodes.MovingEnemyBehavior.Update(Int32 ms, WorldActor worldActor, Body body) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\ScriptNodes\MoveAI.cs:line 188
   at TiltedEngine.WorldObjects.WorldActor.Update(Int32 ms, WorldNodeLeaf worldNode) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\WorldObjects\WorldActor.cs:line 99
   at TiltedEngine.WorldNodeLeaf.Update(Int32 ms) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\WorldNodeLeaf.cs:line 166
   at TiltedEngine.WorldNodeBranch.Update(Int32 ms) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\WorldNodeBranch.cs:line 52
   at TiltedEngine.WorldNodeBranch.Update(Int32 ms) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\WorldNodeBranch.cs:line 52
   at ARPGGame.GameBase.Update(Int32 ms) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\GameBase.cs:line 881
   at ARPGGame.ARPGGame.OnUpdateFrame() in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Program.cs:line 976
   at ARPGGame.ARPGGame.Run() in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Program.cs:line 561
   at ARPGGame.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Program.cs:line 193
------

I suspect the error lies with that backtick (`) in the line:
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)It seems to be the first line that really matters, and shares that argument name "index" with the top lines about the error.
Is it a typo?
I'd very much like it to be fixed, I hope that my save file will work then.

Spoiler for Hiden:
The "certain point" was the third time (i think) in the Guardian of Ice.

rpc190

• Map Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2015, 12:56:53 AM »
Fixed! Thanks for posting the crash.

Unfortunately because of how saved games work in Hammerwatch you can't carry over the progress you made to the new versoin.  :-\

HuoXue

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2015, 01:09:29 AM »
It looks like Cookie had the same error as I did, but just in case it's somehow different, I'd like to post mine as well.

--- UNHANDLED EXCEPTION - 5/27/2015 2:56:19 AM - HMW 1.31 ---
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at TiltedEngine.WorldObjects.ScriptNodes.PathNodePath.Dequeue() in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\WorldObjects\ScriptNodes\PathNode.cs:line 110
   at ARPGGame.ScriptNodes.MovingEnemyBehavior.DoUpdate(Int32 ms) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\ScriptNodes\MoveAI.cs:line 235
   at ARPGGame.ScriptNodes.MovingEnemyBehavior.Update(Int32 ms, WorldActor worldActor, Body body) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\ScriptNodes\MoveAI.cs:line 188
   at TiltedEngine.WorldObjects.WorldActor.Update(Int32 ms, WorldNodeLeaf worldNode) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\WorldObjects\WorldActor.cs:line 99
   at TiltedEngine.WorldNodeLeaf.Update(Int32 ms) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\WorldNodeLeaf.cs:line 166
   at ARPGGame.GameBase.Update(Int32 ms) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\GameBase.cs:line 881
   at ARPGGame.ARPGGame.OnUpdateFrame() in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Program.cs:line 976
   at ARPGGame.ARPGGame.Run() in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Program.cs:line 561
   at ARPGGame.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Program.cs:line 193

rpc190

• Map Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2015, 05:15:31 PM »
Man I'm bad at this MoveAI thing..  :-[ can you tell me where it crashes?

GogoFreak

• Pixel <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2015, 03:46:06 PM »
A very great and awesome map  ;D

hcoop111

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2015, 10:35:33 PM »
Hi i just purchased hammerwatch hehe :p... anywho im wondering how do i get this mod to work (where do i put the file/files) etc etc im using win 8 ty :) looks like a cool mod..also what do i open it up with if i need to open it sorry im new to mods p.s im using gog version i dont know if that helps but yes :D haha
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 10:49:24 PM by hcoop111 »

rpc190

• Map Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2015, 12:23:13 PM »
First download the map here: http://tinyurl.com/qcls5rz
Second move to the following folder within your Hammerwatch directory C:/.../Hammerwatch/levels/workshop

It might be different since you're using the GOG version, so likely C:/GOG Games/Hammerwatch/levels

rpc190

• Map Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2016, 01:59:22 AM »
Bump for great finished map justice.