Author Topic: Game plays sound, but no video or window  (Read 15385 times)

DivinityArcane

• wat
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART profile
Re: Game plays sound, but no video or window
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 09:49:28 AM »
Hm, that is odd. Can you run the editor at all?

Did the rendering tests all complete successfully?

Ariskava

• Cleanse. Purge. DERP.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 10:00:37 AM »
Hm, that is odd. Can you run the editor at all?

Did the rendering tests all complete successfully?

I can run the editor and I even placed some tiles down and while they're extremely dark I can see the textures... and all rendering tests passed. Also I have no clue if this makes a difference but the rendering test option is a choice for open GL context and when I select GDI Generic(No acceleration) it still says GeForce 9800 GT/PCIe/SSE2 in the rendering test but the information in the summary screen does change to GDI Generic which has Open GL 1.1
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 10:02:43 AM by Ariskava »

DivinityArcane

• wat
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2014, 10:04:31 AM »
Looks like this issue is either specific to SDL/OpenTK or Hammerwatch then. I've searched around, but I can't find much information on issues like this where the drivers weren't the problem. It could be something in the code HW uses to create/manage the graphics context, but I have no real way of accurately debugging that without the actual source (well, it'd be difficult.)

Hoping a dev can chime in here and maybe do some tests or provide a different game binary with more debug output enabled.

Ariskava

• Cleanse. Purge. DERP.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 10:08:03 AM »
Looks like this issue is either specific to SDL/OpenTK or Hammerwatch then. I've searched around, but I can't find much information on issues like this where the drivers weren't the problem. It could be something in the code HW uses to create/manage the graphics context, but I have no real way of accurately debugging that without the actual source (well, it'd be difficult.)

Hoping a dev can chime in here and maybe do some tests or provide a different game binary with more debug output enabled.

Hmmm.... Well shit. Thanks for the help.

*Edit* Also the Driver version for GDI Generic under Open GL in the extension viewer says 9.18.13.3788 20-May-14 which is same as the Nvidia driver....
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 12:59:05 PM by Ariskava »

DivinityArcane

• wat
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 10:13:14 AM »
Right, because the OpenGL driver is provided by the graphics driver. And, no problem. It's unfortunate I couldn't help you get it running. This is an odd case. :(

CrusaderDeleters

• The Great Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2014, 04:48:17 PM »
Verify the game cache, reinstall Hammerwatch (seriously, it's a small download). COMPLETELY uninstall your driver then reinstall it. Uninstall all components that is required to run hammerwatch then reinstall.
The King of Maernol

Ariskava

• Cleanse. Purge. DERP.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2014, 07:07:31 PM »
Verify the game cache, reinstall Hammerwatch (seriously, it's a small download). COMPLETELY uninstall your driver then reinstall it. Uninstall all components that is required to run hammerwatch then reinstall.

Verified game cache multiple times, Reinstalled multiple times, When I reinstalled the drivers the last time I did completely uninstall, And I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything required that I know of that isn't the OS already as well, and I'm not gonna reformat my PC again, I did that a couple months ago, and I don't wanna have to spend the 12+ hours its gonna take to get it working again.