Author Topic: Beta test the new campaign.  (Read 36632 times)

MadMan

• Faggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: Beta test the new campaign.
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 10:40:54 AM »
The mole hole boss, is meant to reset his health, as every mole i think has their own hp bar. I killed like 4 moles, and there was one left, which had it's own hp bar, and it actually went down, unlike the others, and once it went down, i won.

MrJanCraft

• Creator of The Castle of Hell 0.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 03:11:10 PM »
at The First boss when i touch the sandswirl the game crashes and i mustreset the game and must fight the boss again.

Olaf

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 11:45:17 PM »
The mole hole boss, is meant to reset his health, as every mole i think has their own hp bar. I killed like 4 moles, and there was one left, which had it's own hp bar, and it actually went down, unlike the others, and once it went down, i won.

Interesting. Then rather then being a bug, is it that the display is unclear?

CrusaderDeleters

• The Great Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2014, 12:39:02 AM »
Interesting. Then rather then being a bug, is it that the display is unclear?
Observed. Each hole DOES have its own health.
I think somebody should add a more variable boss health system to the moddable GUI. ;)
The King of Maernol

Gimlao

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2014, 02:10:56 AM »
There is a new shop whose logo is a horseshoe, but on the map, it is marked "Vitality" with the logo of Vitality shop. =p

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12308005/Pictures/hw13_01.png

So I don't know what's its real name.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 02:15:30 AM by Gimlao »

CrusaderDeleters

• The Great Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2014, 02:40:55 AM »
http://imgur.com/JcmY6nm
Well, this is pretty gamebreaking. I placed the second mirror first, then the first one.
Also note the random question mark in the corner.

I don't have a picture of it, but in Krilith's storage room, after you destroy the healing post, and the entrance is a little broken, you can hug the wall from the right side at the start, head up, and you'll be able to exit the map.
Plus, you actually have to reenter the room to be able to pick up all of Krilith's loot, which I find a little stupid, because you can miss the loot and think you weren't rewarded. As a fix, you can probably do what you do with normal Hammerwatch campaigns and have a room open to the side, where it has all of the loot. Or make Krilith drop a key.
And one thing that I hated was the Krilith boss fight entirely. It was a nice idea, but I think that it was too hard (as a paladin) to get in and actually deal damage to him.
The King of Maernol

CrusaderDeleters

• The Great Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2014, 03:22:46 AM »
http://imgur.com/JcmY6nm
Well, this is pretty gamebreaking. I placed the second mirror first, then the first one.
Also note the random question mark in the corner.
If you place the third one in, it will break the objects in the way but not activate the beam for the third mirror.
When you place the fourth one, it will work as intended.
But this can still be game-breaking.
The King of Maernol

Olaf

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2014, 04:18:34 AM »
On the second boss, we were able to get out of bounds during the fight. Somehow the wall in the upper right corner of the room you start in could be walked through, despite visually still being there.

There's a section in Temple 2 where you can walk out on the blackness. It's a 4 square vertical strip roughly in the middle. You enter from the bottom left side. Again, doesn't break anything, but odd that you can do it. Sorry no screenshot, I can't seem to get my computer to capture/save anything.

Temple 3's Teleporter didn't give us a return option. The bottom left rune didn't show up on the circle when we returned to the surface. This was a hard online game with infinite lives, wizard/warlock duo. A few other teleporters were also not active (by choice or missing them). I'll look into which other ones we didn't turn on if that would help.

Here's some enemy feedback now that I've spent more time with the campaign:

BOSS 1 - They all wanders off way too much. I don't think it would hurt if they were a tad more aggressive to give more chances to actually land a hit, particularly for melee heavy characters. Even having them stay out a half second longer would be a much appreciated change to the encounter. All in all, the most frustrating part is still waiting for it to come back, only to get one chance to attack and have it wander off... again.

BOSS 2 - The blast radius on his far around him orb circle is freakin' huge! (at least on hard difficulty). It's almost impossible to approach him without getting hit by it at least once. A slightly longer wind up time before it has a hurt box or a smaller blast zone would make that attack not feel like it needs pixel perfect timing to avoid.
Also, do the icicles need to be there? It's tricky enough trying to dodge all the tracking projectiles to get a shot at the boss. Throw in frequent instant kill gigantic AoE adds an element of randomness that sometimes slowed the fight to a crawl. It would be nice if they were less frequent and/or smaller in size, like the dragon's meteor strike.

BOSS 3 - Holy crap, this guy on hard difficulty, holy crap. Is it actually possible for a player to solo him on hard? With just two of us we couldn't cope with the sheer number of enemies and attacks going on. He had healed himself back up to almost 50% because we were dying so often. No suggestions here, just felt the need to comment. Talk about a daunting encounter!

FIRE/ICE ORB WIZARDS - The hit box for their attacks seem to show up instantly with no indicator other then your own sense of timing, similar to the Boss 2 orbs. A few more frames of visible start up before they deal damage would make these guys feel far less cheap. Difficulty doesn't seem to make a difference for these attacks.

PLANTS/PINK HAT ENEMIES - They both do an out of the ground below the player attack. The wizard really struggles against these because he must stop moving to us any attack. I suppose this is more a wizard issue then the enemies themselves, but I still felt it was worth noting.

MINI-BOSS MUMMIES - If these guys are designed to be enemies you need to bait into traps to kill safely, job well done! If there is a way to actually melee them without being eaten alive by locust, it wouldn't hurt to offer a tip about it in game in a hard to miss spot.

SUN BEAMS - could you maybe open up the hallways these pass through so travelling past them isn't a chore in very careful button tapping to get a wall hug going? It hampers exploration and really turns into more of a frustration then a fun mechanic.

Overall it's a solid campaign. The difficulty has been frustrating in the good way. It makes me want to play smarter and try new strategies. Definitely feels like it was made with multiplayer in mind, as playing solo is actually pretty daunting! This is all meant as feedback, and is completely subject to opinion, at least for the enemy suggestions. The bugs are... well, bugs. XD

Olaf

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2014, 05:01:25 AM »
Developed a ranger for Hard specifically with the last boss in mind.

Phase 3 was manageable with the addition of the crystals.

The final phase is impossible, at least solo.

The tracking fireballs are the nail in the coffin there. It's just too much deal with.
They're fast, numerous, and almost impossible to avoid when they're the ONLY thing after you.
They are impossible to dodge when the crystals and minions are also hounding you.

You die in 2 seconds, boss heals another 30% back, and you've pretty much lost all hope of ever taking his full life bar away when you can't even get a hit on him.

Now I could see 4 people being able to do that a bit better, as the attention of everything on screen would be divided and ideally at least 1 person could stay alive long enough so the boss can't heal... but if the fight is going to stay as it is, it would be lovely if it scaled based on number of players in the game.

Any one of these would make it feel less impossible:

- Healing rate scales down with fewer players
- Less tracking fireballs with fewer players
- lower tracking fireball damage in general
- longer cool down between tracking fireball usage
- change them from tracking fireballs to a predictable pattern swirl out around the boss (I thought it already did this until I tried it again)

Again, the boss is a great challenge and it's been a blast trying to beat him. But the final phase could really use something to help games with less then 4 players not instantly explode upon trying to step on that platform.

This was a 150 HP ranger with, I would guess, somewhere between 10 and 14 armor. The tracking fireballs were pretty much instant death every time. No way to escape (usually crystals), no room to dodge them (other fire balls/minions on screen) without still taking damage, and even the gold I could still get, I couldn't see another 30-40 health or 1-3 more armor saving me. And I hadn't even died against the boss until the final phase.

m4steroflamo

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2014, 10:36:47 PM »
could u pls put patch notes for this some wheres  or atleast update the main post here with any none bug fix changes cuz if u add stuff or change mobs or something that be good to know just got a patch and no idea whats in it

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2014, 09:44:19 AM »
This hasn't been patched =)

But we will patch it soon, with several fixes, it will be a more public thing then too.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2014, 03:46:58 PM »
Now it's patched.

Fixed and updated:

Thief:

* Thiefs skills do not cost money
* Thief hits with both daggers
* Thiefs skills costs more

Desert:

Hud: Added a mission information panel on tab, it will tell you what to do, if your forgot or so

Boss 3 (Sha'Rand):
*Seeking fireballs, turn speed changed down by 50%, should be much easier to avoid them now. Also casts them less frequently
* Floating pyramids, spawns less and less frequently

Boss 2 (Krilith):
* Fixed a bugg where you could exit the level, doubled the timer from 400ms to 800ms for his frost balls to explode
* Icicles spawns much less frequently

Boss 1 (Sharks):
* Much more aggressive when fewer numbers
* Added fly traps around the level so you can't walk around as easy

Blue and Red Lich: Like with boss_2, increased timer from 400ms to 800ms on exploding balls
Mummy Miniboss: Deals less damage (30 instead of 50), summons flies less frequent

Outside: Added a save point
Temple 3: Fixed TP bug, where you couldn't return to the level

Fixed up various minimap errors, gambler now has a proper minimap icon

What has not been fixed, but I'm aware:
* Spawnpoints in the library and passage level
* Return level from Boss 2, you still need to go back up for the rewards

m4steroflamo

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2014, 04:49:05 PM »
thx for notes and thats weird cuz i swear my hammerwatch updated 50 mb or something just before i posted that but oh well was probly unepic i mix them up sometimes when i just glanc at icon in dl bar

i like that u removed the money cost i always thought that using both money and mana was kinda not fair and after thought removing mana would make class kinda weird with passive u earn money just to use it kinda a waste
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 07:18:20 PM by m4steroflamo »

Gimlao

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2014, 12:15:58 AM »
Just one suggestion :

On the Title Screen, clicking "Single" then "Start" will automatically launch the first campaign.

Maybe it would be nice to ask for campaign 1 or 2, without going into the "Custom" menu.

[Edit] Done in 05/09/2014 update !
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 10:44:57 PM by Gimlao »

NekoBaron

• Scripting Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 08:28:22 PM »
Here's a link to a number of map/graphical errors.

This should link to all my steam hammer watch picture since there a load to link, the spoiler hid ones are the new campaign.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Neko_Baron/screenshots/?appid=239070&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=grid

Biggest issue I had was I skipped the 2nd ice boss by jus not going into the place, which confused the quest hud current quest info a lot. And me since I killed the last boss, yet Richard wouldn't tell me I forgot the other boss and sat there silent like a jerk >:/ till I noticed the boss icons on the hud and ended up looking for what I missed.

The end boss felt like a bit of a mess since you added secret rooms to drop down into, it was also annoying the hell out of me wondering how I was meant to get to them in the first place (Which I realised on the last boss).

Mostly it just felt a bit weird being able to just leave the boss room when you wanted, and the boss healing them self more than the current 1/4 stage they're on.

I played paladin on normal, only problem I had was the bloody annoying amounts of slow debuffs, that was playing solo though.