Author Topic: Beta test the new campaign.  (Read 36630 times)

Clyph

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: Beta test the new campaign.
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 11:03:02 PM »
Just thought i would share my impression of the beta so far.

I enjoy the shop and level design on campaign 2 much more than 1. Temple is my favorite level in the game so far.

I didn't make it to the the 3rd boss just yet, but so far the 2nd boss fight is the only one i don't like. You can kite Krilith easily with the paladin(aggro all homing attacks) while a ranger shoots from a distance making the fight too easy in group play. Also Krilith imo uses homing attacks too frequently making it very difficult for melee classes to fight him solo.

I'm also not a fan of the thief changes if the changes were meant to buff him because they do the opposite. thief's damage does not scale as good as before with damage pick ups(and combo), so he does less dps now. The only positive thing about the changes is parrying is much easier.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:04:54 PM by Clyph »

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2014, 10:16:49 AM »
Beta was updated! For gameplay, the biggest changes are tweaks to the second and last boss. I will most likely tweak the last boss even further, tone down the healing when you are not around.

Achievements:

* Added several for the desert campaign, they should work in the current beta now
* Added one for the completion of both campaigns

Menus:

* Reworked several of the menus, they should all work in any of the selectable resolutions now.
* Added two more resolutions, one 4k and one super small
* Now possible to select campaign1 or 2 from the menu
* Looked over some features, added a color switch button instead of clicking on the hero in the lobby
* Delete and Rename saved games
* Single and Multiplayer have different load menus and games are filtered
* More random backgrounds and you now see more of them, if anyone ever cared =)
* Logo is twice the resolution =)

UI:

* Added some small sprites for mana drain and slow effects, over the player. So it's easier to see when running w/o effects and lights

Campaign:

* It should now not be possible to avoid boss_2 (KRILITH) and get to temple_3.
* No need to exit and enter the boss_2 level to get the rewards
* Boss_2 has been reworked a slight bit, there are a few frozen minibosses in the room to replace the frostblocks and he has one special attack that's really fast
* Boss_3s (SHA'RAND) pyramid floaters has been replaced with another attack instead, the current one is much better and makes the boss easier. I will need to look this over a bit more though, effect and so
* Fixed several smaller errors around the game

jaZz_KCS

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2014, 12:55:14 PM »
Super!

Any idea when you will be able to unleash the new campaign onto us humble buyers as well? Can't wait.

Phantom

• Dungeoneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2014, 08:17:23 PM »
I finally got the beta campaign to work out for myself. I'm taking a break so I haven't gotten to the first boss yet, but I do have one question.

Is the the autofire slower now? Compare to version 1.23 and beta 1.3, archer arrows are a lot slower now if I hold down autofire. For me to reach maximum potential of shooting, I would have to spam the attack button (which would be rough for people with RSI or carpal tunnel). Paladin still seem the same autofire since 1.23 which isn't the max speed either, but doable I guess.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2014, 11:07:58 AM »
@ Jazz, a little while, I think I can say that it will be in your hands within a month, honestly I think before, but you never know what happens.

@ phantom, it's slower yes, I forgot to mention it. I don't know how it was changed, but it was changed so that it was more balanced AFAIK.

lochetic

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2014, 02:01:50 AM »
So far so good. Played through the singleplayer as a ranger.

Other than a couple of graphical bugs, there is only one gameplay issue I'm having:

Right now I'm stuck at the 2nd floor of temple. Pretty much cleared the whole floor and found the secret that allows you to get access to the pyramid of fear.
However, my path to the 3rd floor is obstructed by the pillars.

As far as I know, I've already triggered all mechanism. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing something.

CrusaderDeleters

• The Great Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2014, 11:53:19 PM »
As far as I know, I've already triggered all mechanism. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing something.
At this point you have to go back outside, and head west again. Talk to the person who's missing the Pickaxe, and give it to him. He will remove the rocks next to him (and in several other locations, IIRC). This will take you to floor 3 of the Temple of the Sun.
The King of Maernol

lochetic

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2014, 12:03:55 AM »
At this point you have to go back outside, and head west again. Talk to the person who's missing the Pickaxe, and give it to him. He will remove the rocks next to him (and in several other locations, IIRC). This will take you to floor 3 of the Temple of the Sun.

Oh...my...Dog  :-[

Gimlao

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2014, 12:13:01 AM »
Can we stream the Beta on Twitch (or hitbox) ?

Or we have to keep it secret to the viewers for now ? x)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 12:22:46 AM by Gimlao »

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2014, 09:21:32 AM »
Go ahead and stream and show to anyone you want.

CrusaderDeleters

• The Great Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2014, 02:15:27 AM »
Go ahead and stream and show to anyone you want.
He did release it publicly, afterall.
The King of Maernol

Zeronex

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2014, 05:41:10 PM »
Very nice campaign, but i have one problem. How do i get the pyramid in cave level 3? I run 2 times through all level, but didnt find the portal to get there.