Author Topic: Automatic projectile shooter  (Read 4843 times)

Furahri

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Automatic projectile shooter
« on: September 07, 2014, 06:38:27 PM »
You see them in the campaign. Projectile shooters that fires arrows at you when you step on an indicated line. I tried googling how to make them, as well as trying the dev example editor maps, but found no way to make one.
This is how far I got:

http://prntscr.com/4klmae

I made one that only fires ONE arrow when you step on the things, but I want to make one that keeps shooting until you step away from it. Anyone know how I can create one?
Thanks in advance.

rpc190

• Map Maker
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic projectile shooter
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 07:38:46 PM »
In order to make what you want create a TimerTrigger script for each ProjectileShooter and set it to be disabled by default. Set your AreaTrigger scripts to trigger ToggleElements that will target the TimerTriggers. If you want to be lazy about it then you can set your AreaTriggers to exit/enter and then set your ToggleElement scripts to toggle, however this won't work properly when you have more than one player. It will still work moderately well with multiple players but if you want to be more polished then you need a variable for each timer that is increased by 1 when someone enters and decreased by 1 when someone leaves, then set your TimerTrigger to only run when the variable is greater than 1.

Furahri

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 04:38:37 PM »
You need a variable for each timer that is increased by 1 when someone enters and decreased by 1 when someone leaves, then set your TimerTrigger to only run when the variable is greater than 1.
How do I do that? I've never used variables before.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 05:11:25 PM by Furahri »

rpc190

• Map Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 07:15:03 PM »
Rather than explain it I created an example map for you, hopefully you can dissect this:

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 10:21:25 PM »
I think the scene there looks good. Those triangle shaped grey pillars there, are supposed to be on the outer sides. However, if you want them there, I suggest you remove the shadow from the image, then it will work for you.

Furahri

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 11:16:07 AM »
Sorry I didn't say thank you, I've been away most of this week :>)
Thanks

I think the scene there looks good. Those triangle shaped grey pillars there, are supposed to be on the outer sides. However, if you want them there, I suggest you remove the shadow from the image, then it will work for you.

Not quite sure what you mean with "Supposed to be on the outer sides". Anyway, it's just a test map. I've not gotten into creating big levels yet. Still learning.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:27:00 AM by Furahri »