Author Topic: Patch Notes for 1.3 (Sept 2014) with Expansion  (Read 18873 times)

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
Patch Notes for 1.3 (Sept 2014) with Expansion
« on: September 16, 2014, 03:13:46 PM »
The Hammerwatch expansion is finally released, it's a completely new campaign with new achievements and also updated menus and much more, below are the specific details.

Expansion:
* Temple of the Sun - Fully new desert campaign, with new themes, bosses, challenges etc.

Achievements:
* Added several new achievements for the desert campaign
* Added one for the completion of both campaigns

Modifiers:
* Added faster (5x) mana-regen speed

Thief:
* Rebalanced a few skills
* Skills do not cost money to use
* Thiefs skills costs more to buy
* Thief hits with both daggers
* Graphics when destroying projectiles

Paladin:
* Graphics when blocking projectiles

Warlock:
* Can't destroy projectiles

Music:
* Better looping
* Crossfading between tracks

UI:
* Added some small sprites for mana drain and slow effects, over the player. So it's easier to see when running w/o effects and lights

Menus:
* Reworked several of the menus, they should all work in any of the selectable resolutions now.
* Better menu navigation
* Small help and info section, just some basic info for new players
* Added two more resolutions, one 4k and one super small
* Looked over some features, added a color switch button instead of clicking on the hero in the lobby
* Delete and Rename saved games
* Single and Multiplayer have different load menus and games are filtered
* More random backgrounds and you now see more of them, if anyone ever cared =)
* Logo is twice the resolution =)

Controls:
* Rebalanced the auto-fire
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 01:20:25 PM by Hipshot »

Flygar Stenen

• Skeleton Hater.
    • View Profile
Re: Patch Notes for 1.3 (Sept 2014) with Expansion
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 04:14:46 PM »
"Fully new desert campaign"

The "City of Stone" and "Sunspot" is still unavailable, I assume that you're still working on it, but I thought that I could just as well tell you just incase it is unintentional :)

Izicata

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 04:27:35 AM »
Why would you "rebalance" the autofire, but not actually reduce the rate at which you can attack? Mashing the attack button now fires attacks about twice as fast as the autofire does. Don't punish me for not wanting to get carpal tunnel syndrome; either reduce maximum attack speed across the board or revert the autofire change.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:29:10 AM by Izicata »

Modus_Pwnens

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 05:39:13 AM »
Agreed completely with Izicata.

I've been eagerly awaiting the new campaign (I wanted it to be a surprise, so I haven't looked at the beta). I was really excited when I saw that Steam had updated.

Since I actually have mild carpal tunnel, I essentially can't play. I was so happy when autofire was finally put in. Now I guess I'll just be waiting and hoping devs go back to allowing people to play on equal footing without mashing the button so I can enjoy the new campaign. I really love that you guys continue to work on this game, and I like the game quite a bit, but I must admit I'm pretty disappointed by this decision - and I don't really understand the motivation for it either.

Phantom

• Dungeoneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 10:44:23 PM »
Since this game is not PvP, I agree with the autofire remarks. I myself also have mild/moderate carpal tunnel syndrome. If you know what you're doing, you should still be good to go, but sacrificing your fingers and hands for repetitive stress injuries is not a good a tradeoff. I did see some "get good" type of people who may argue against people who can't mash are just bad, but that isn't the case. I can mash, but at a high risk of worsening my carpal tunnel so I will choose not to mash. Its a bit rough on the hands.

Gimlao

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 12:48:18 AM »
- I've noticed a music fading in/out instead of looping.
I will edit this post next time I replay the game, to indicate which one exactly.

- In multiplayer, when joining a game, it can allow a color already choosen by another player.

- When beginning a new game in the first campaing, in singleplayer (and local multiplayer), the black screen will not fade correctly.
It's not the case in online multiplayer.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 02:04:37 AM by Gimlao »

ZarroTsu

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 06:45:11 PM »
I'll agree with the auto-fire remarks above. While it's nice (in theory) to mash a key like a madman and slaughter everything, it does become a major strain on the wrist (and forearm) after a while. Hell, it convinced me to just buy a controller so my thumb could do the work instead.

If your concern is making button-mashing obsolete, I'd recommend making auto-fire work at a much faster speed, but not quite what mashing is capable of. As it is, I don't want to use it, which pretty much defeats the purpose.

lavantant

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 12:25:31 AM »
is there any chance of humble bundle buyers getting the update drm free? or should i just use steam? i kinda hate steam...

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 09:48:51 AM »
Everyone get's the same updates, it just takes a little longer for gog and humble.

jaZz_KCS

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 10:43:21 AM »
GoG and Humble Bundle links have been updated BTW!

Kashlavor

• Spike Dodger.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 07:29:48 AM »
Been a while since I've been on here, saw that the Temple of the Sun was playable and started trying it out.  Seems super fun so far.  The classes, art, level design, you guys kicked it up a notch.

Gonna rope all my friends who got the 4-pack back into playing for another epic all-nighter Hammerwatch session.
Starting work on the Lair of the Archnecromantrix, a Hammerwatch campaign!

Nicholas Steel

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 02:47:10 PM »
So this is v2.5.0.8? Why is the dev never listing all appropriate version numbers in their announcements? -_-" I also still don't know why you use different version numbers for each release on the same platform (PC).

It does not help that GOG does not list a date for when the installer was last updated.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 02:49:51 PM by Nicholas Steel »
Windows 7 x64
Intel i7 920 CPU
ASUS P6T Motherboard
Nvidia Geforce 560Ti Video Card
Auzentech Forte Soundcard

jaZz_KCS

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 06:54:06 PM »
So this is v2.5.0.8? Why is the dev never listing all appropriate version numbers in their announcements? -_-" I also still don't know why you use different version numbers for each release on the same platform (PC).

It does not help that GOG does not list a date for when the installer was last updated.

You are mistaking the GoG installer versions with the game versions. This is version 1.3, last version was 1.23. The version you stated is clearly the version number from the gog install exe which is not th e game version but the gog installer version which means something different.

Eldur

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 04:07:57 AM »
Wow, this looks great! :)

Just 2 things after having a small sneak peek into the new version :D

1. I'd also prefer full speed autofire, as fast as it can be by spamming the buttons. It's just a control thing after all ;)
2. That music loops... seems like you didn't find a true fix for it and changed the audios a bit, it's still a bit strange in the original HW campaign level 1-3. Didn't check others except hte new campaign where all sounded OK in the beginning. But it's nice that you did something about it at last.

But the new campagin is definately going to be fun anyway, probably something I'll be doing in the next days :)

Thanks for the good work! :)