Author Topic: Bought on GoG but didn't download newest version.  (Read 6570 times)

Blyzeriun

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Bought on GoG but didn't download newest version.
« on: September 18, 2014, 01:33:28 PM »
So I got the game on GoG, since I love that DRM-Free site, but it didn't give me the latest version of the game. I was hoping to play through some of the Sun Temple today.

Hammeron

• mov ah,4Ch.
    • View Profile
Re: Bought on GoG but didn't download newest version.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 09:57:44 AM »
Hey

I have he same problem as OP have are there any solutions for this?

thanks you  ;)

Mineminers

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 12:30:25 PM »
I have the same problem but mine is a little bit strange, I bought hammerwatch ages ago via Steam, but i can't update it, is like steam does not know there is an update. I've been looking over a lot of pages and there seems not to be a way to force an update. Here is a photo  http://gyazo.com/88edae737cc8660a2cfaddc6bba5e9ba

CrusaderDeleters

• The Great Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 12:23:35 AM »
If you want to force an update, you can delete local content and reinstall. If you're worried about the saves, Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Hammerwatch", and then copy the "saves" folder to your desktop. After reinstallation, Rerun the game, close it, and put the saves folder back.
The King of Maernol

Konstamokh

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 10:34:36 PM »
I have the same problem but mine is a little bit strange, I bought hammerwatch ages ago via Steam, but i can't update it, is like steam does not know there is an update. I've been looking over a lot of pages and there seems not to be a way to force an update. Here is a photo  http://gyazo.com/88edae737cc8660a2cfaddc6bba5e9ba
This way should solve your problem:
Go to Steam library
Right click on Hammerwatch
Properties
Local Files
Verify integrity of game cache

Steam should download all the missing files including the update. Using this method you also don't have to worry about your save files.

rfxcasey

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 09:30:49 PM »
I have the same issue. I bought Hammerwatch through Humble Bundle and see no means to update. I've tried adding to Steam as a non-Steam game but doesn't give the option to verify local files. Didn't realize no buying through Steam would be a hassle. Unless I'm missing the obvious this seem like very poor support.

EDIT: Ok found my email receipt from Humble Bundle. Had to follow the link and redeem on Steam. That got the game in my Steam library however I don't see any Sun Temple update, what's up with that????
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 09:54:56 PM by rfxcasey »

Konstamokh

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 10:42:04 PM »
Are you sure you verified the version you redeemed on Steam? This always fixes updates not being downloaded. You could also just reinstall the game if not.
I just looked on the Humble Store and the version they are offering is 1.3, so the Temple of the Sun update. I don't know what you two are doing wrong, but you definitely are doing something wrong. I hope you know that with buying the DRM-free version you don't get an auto-updater, but have to download and install the game after every update.
To do this:
Go to https://www.humblebundle.com/home or https://www.gog.com/account
Then search for Hammerwatch there, download and install it.

Two more tips:
GOG always shows you if there are updates for your games available on the library page.
If you know what a torrent is, use the torrent option in your humble library.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 10:51:27 PM by Konstamokh »