0 (0%)
3/5 - Ehh it was okay
0 (0%)
4/5 - Yeah it was a really great experience
3 (50%)
5/5 - Yuss, loved it!
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: [Campaign] [WIP] X (Act 1 BETA)  (Read 21826 times)

Dai Tou Zai

• Definitely Not Blitzcrank
    • View Profile
[Campaign] [WIP] X (Act 1 BETA)
« on: October 03, 2014, 03:11:50 PM »
Dead Project

RIP
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 08:43:25 PM by Dai Tou Zai »
No i'm not blitzcrank, stop asking me.

Phantom

• Dungeoneer
    • View Profile
Re: [Campaign] [WIP] X (Act 1 BETA)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 05:51:29 PM »
For Room 4/5 miniboss/boss, have you tried using AllPlayersAreaTrigger instead of AreaTrigger? That way, all players would need to be in the area instead of one guy go in the area causing all the other players to get lock out.

Dai Tou Zai

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 06:17:13 PM »
For Room 4/5 miniboss/boss, have you tried using AllPlayersAreaTrigger instead of AreaTrigger? That way, all players would need to be in the area instead of one guy go in the area causing all the other players to get lock out.
Alright, its finished

made a few changes

Now for the miniboss/boss there is an invisible barrier so that your friends cant start it at all without you and did the whole allplayersareatriggerthingymabobber
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 07:01:08 PM by Dai Tou Zai »

ChrisN

• Crackshell Game artist
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 04:56:16 PM »
Great map! I tested out the map with the theif in singleplayer, I couldn't even get passed the first room with enemies without losing all my ten lives.
So me and hipshot played co-op both of us being rangers using infinte lives. Its still is very very hard but in a challenging way! We finished the map in 58mins when we played infinite lives.

Before the big boss we both have lost about 15 lives but after the boss we had lost 30 lives each. I think it would be better if the boss was easier because right now we were just suiciding into the boss(es) .

The only thing that bothered me while playing was some of the walls 

You should change the wall color so it matches the same as the floor, it will look more consistent therefor look better.

Overall I think it is a fun map and you definitely have created something good, I am excited to see what more you are going to add into the campaign and looking forward to play the real release! :)

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 12:36:40 PM »
I really think you should remove so that towers can't drop loot, cause you feel cheated out of something good when you can never reach an upgrade cause the tower was on a hill or such.

ZarroTsu

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 06:02:50 PM »
Found this campaign to be too hard to play through. I tried a variety of classes, but I always wound up struggling through the first room and dying to the timing puzzle in your first screenshot (the pillar would always hit me and the chill ailment would finish me off when the spikes came up).

I'd say the pillar-in-sand-trap is a good idea if used in moderation, but making it the crux of the map is too demanding. Maybe if it went off less often...

Dai Tou Zai

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 06:50:01 PM »
Found this campaign to be too hard to play through. I tried a variety of classes, but I always wound up struggling through the first room and dying to the timing puzzle in your first screenshot (the pillar would always hit me and the chill ailment would finish me off when the spikes came up).

I'd say the pillar-in-sand-trap is a good idea if used in moderation, but making it the crux of the map is too demanding. Maybe if it went off less often...
- Information -
Recommended Players - 2/4
Recommended Classes - Warrior, Priest, Ranger, Warlock/Mage
Difficulty - Very Hard
Length - 30-50 Minutes
Release Version - 1.0
Acts Available - 1

This map isn't intended for people looking for an easy challenge its a group map, I'm thinking i need to make a guide for people lol the first level is so easy...

And there's only 2 sand pillars through out the first act both easily avoidable if you just take a couple of seconds to examine the situation.

But i have been nerfing it little by little, the updated nerfed version isn't technically out yet because a glitch in the system but yeah
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 09:45:12 PM by Dai Tou Zai »

Seylyn

• Pecopecophile
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 05:38:48 AM »
Just finished a run through with Amran here. Overall, I thought it was fun & has potential :)!

Some feedback from our first impression:
  • I played with Amran (Ranger) and myself as Paladin/Warrior. I found it a bit challenging as Pally, mostly because there were some enemies that were impossible to reach by melee (archers & towers on ledges, for example). If our whole party went Pally or Thief, some areas would probably be rather frustrating in that regard.
  • Agree with others that it would be nearly impossible without playing with the Infinite Lives crutch on. We did a lot of suicide runs just to progress and see more of the map. I liked the Tower/Spike puzzle, definitely a challenge!
  • Would be nice if there was some visual or audio feedback when you hit the floor switches (maybe text pop-up, or just some sort of click/door noise?). It gives it a better/more solid 'feel' that way!
  • The SS bomb enemies felt a bit out of place for me. I like the idea of having a fast enemy in there, but seems like a different kind of creature/monster might fit the theme more.
  • Some spelling/grammar/sentence issues should be corrected! I don't want to sound nitpicky, but text that flows well always makes a better experience for me :)

Looking forward to giving the next versions another run. Keep it up!

Dai Tou Zai

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 05:33:40 PM »
Just finished a run through with Amran here. Overall, I thought it was fun & has potential :)!

Some feedback from our first impression:
  • I played with Amran (Ranger) and myself as Paladin/Warrior. I found it a bit challenging as Pally, mostly because there were some enemies that were impossible to reach by melee (archers & towers on ledges, for example). If our whole party went Pally or Thief, some areas would probably be rather frustrating in that regard.
  • Agree with others that it would be nearly impossible without playing with the Infinite Lives crutch on. We did a lot of suicide runs just to progress and see more of the map. I liked the Tower/Spike puzzle, definitely a challenge!
  • Would be nice if there was some visual or audio feedback when you hit the floor switches (maybe text pop-up, or just some sort of click/door noise?). It gives it a better/more solid 'feel' that way!
  • The SS bomb enemies felt a bit out of place for me. I like the idea of having a fast enemy in there, but seems like a different kind of creature/monster might fit the theme more.
  • Some spelling/grammar/sentence issues should be corrected! I don't want to sound nitpicky, but text that flows well always makes a better experience for me :)

Looking forward to giving the next versions another run. Keep it up!
Uploading a video right now showing how to solo it legitly, its not impossible just challenging :)

For the switches - There is audio to them, but i will add in text a tad later in the next update
For the suiciders - I meant to only keep 1 in but i completely forgot about the other 2 on level 3
For the text - Didn't realise, sorry ill fix it in the next update

ZarroTsu

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 07:10:58 PM »
Uploading a video right now showing how to solo it legitly, its not impossible just challenging :)

Common sense rule: Just because you can do something, doesn't automatically mean everyone can, nor does it excuse that.

Phantom

• Dungeoneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 08:21:25 PM »
I'd still like to keep a challenging map for those who dare :P I haven't gotten around to playing yet but I'd like to give it a try, been busy.

EDIT: Jus played a round and oh man those traps on the second level is slaughter, delay time is very little and with a frost tower.

Maybe I should play on normal
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 07:09:15 AM by Phantom »

Phantom

• Dungeoneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 07:43:25 AM »
I played a few bits, I don't have time to play through the whole way yet but I went some after the spike death + frost death puzzle of death. The archers shooting you make it even rougher too, I manage to pass it on normal as an archer (I had to switch over to my dpad to make sure things don't fumble and I instantly die from the spikes). I personally might prefer lava trap for something punishing like that incase someone happen to fumble over and over. Its doable but its tough. Either have infinite lives cluth or pretty much reload the game when someone dies on the trap each time. So far that's the toughest part for me, I haven't played through more yet, but I only die once after I clear some guys after the trap and pray to live so I can hit the checkpoint so I won't have to deal with the death trap again.

Dai Tou Zai

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 06:28:49 PM »
I played a few bits, I don't have time to play through the whole way yet but I went some after the spike death + frost death puzzle of death. The archers shooting you make it even rougher too, I manage to pass it on normal as an archer (I had to switch over to my dpad to make sure things don't fumble and I instantly die from the spikes). I personally might prefer lava trap for something punishing like that incase someone happen to fumble over and over. Its doable but its tough. Either have infinite lives cluth or pretty much reload the game when someone dies on the trap each time. So far that's the toughest part for me, I haven't played through more yet, but I only die once after I clear some guys after the trap and pray to live so I can hit the checkpoint so I won't have to deal with the death trap again.

Ill give you a tip, you can bypass it completely, in room 2 (First room you encounter enemys) there is a mana upgrade and health, if you get those there's a switch on the wall that removed the gates at the end of room 2 section, this will give you 4 extra lives and a potion of invincibility, if you use the potion of invincibility for the circular trap area then you can bypass it completely, just hit the switch after it (This is a must) before the potion runs out, then you wont have to redo it all over again, there is a check point after that part btw

if you want to do it legit, just examine the pattern, and stay on the furthest side from were the nova is shooting, completely ignore everything but the spikes and its really easy, and remember to go back 1 spike trap if you know for sure the nova will hit you if you move forward

EDIT - i would honestly put up a guide but not really sure if there's a PDF website thats free or whatever

ZarroTsu

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2014, 09:26:14 PM »
I think there's a disconnect somewhere. I don't want to sound like a jackass, but I have to stress that just because you can do it doesn't mean everyone else can, and just because you can explain how to do it certainly doesn't mean it suddenly becomes possible for everyone else.

If I gave you a neuroscience textbook describing and detailing every step, cause, and reason behind every cell, blood vessel, and lobe in the human brain, and then asked you to preform brain surgery without further training or experience in preforming it, would you be able to remove a brain tumor without your patient keeling over?

I'm also confused about your previous posts:

group map
Uploading a video right now showing how to solo it legitly, its not impossible just challenging

And ignoring the presented hypocrisy in this statement, I'm also wondering where this aforementioned video is.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:28:54 PM by ZarroTsu »

Phantom

• Dungeoneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 09:38:05 PM »
I fumbled on my 360 controller stick the first time. I did however got it the second time when I use my DPAD to avoid fumbling the movement though that makes my heart stop from the "oh shit" moments I might say its doable but punishing. I'll try again once I get some time.

I make my PDFs by converting my powerpoints into PDFs with adobe acrobat.