Author Topic: Group for completing the Hard Survival  (Read 6818 times)

Alexion

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Group for completing the Hard Survival
« on: October 04, 2014, 09:14:24 PM »
Hi!
As mentioned in the title I would like to complete the Hard Survival, but it's (almost?) impossible to complete solo.
So if you're intrested to join me for this, leave a reply and we'll try to gather a group :)

But of course, I'm not going blindly into this, and I've been thinking a bit on strategies.
I think that a team of 2 Paladins and 2 Priests (A Paladin/Priest can be replacable for Ranger), and using the challenge Shared HP Pool will be the best.
With that challenge all HP Pools are added together, giving the team around 300HP, but if one dies, all does.
This is to make you able to survive slight hits for falling spikes, and not get instakilled, it's also easier to heal, as you can heal anyone.
This is the main purpose for the Paladins, who mainly upgrade Hp Pool (Maybe get heal ability) to simply give the group a larger HP Pool.

For the Priest(s), it's all about upgrading Holy Beam Damage, Range and Mana Pool. This is mainly for killing, especially the boss.
With enough range on the Holy Beam, priests can easily hit the Crystal Lich from a safe range. One or two Mana Shield upgrades could be nice too, for great damage reduction.

Onto the gameplay, my suggestion would be that all 4 players spread out to start with, each heading to a crystal and harvest as much as possible.
Once harder enemies begins to spawn, everyone tries to group inside of a spike-isolated area. There everyone pretty much kills what spawns, harvest the crystal and occasionally go buy.
Everyone should also buy a Rejuvenation Potion, as it can heal the entire shared HP Pool of 300-400.

Once the boss starts, we try to keep our distance from him, while clearing the rest of the map for minions. Once cleared, the priests (and maybe Ranger) kills the boss from distance.

So, if you're intrested please leave a reply, suggestions for strategies would also be appreciated :)

Courtesy

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: Group for completing the Hard Survival
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 05:02:20 PM »
I'd be definitely down for this, I want to get the rest of the achievements ^^
I'd personally like to play a ranger, I don't have a lot of experience with Paladins or Priests really.

Weakling

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 12:20:01 AM »
I'm interested. Add me on steam. If you type in Austin Weakling you should find me.

PadPaLow

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 09:12:24 AM »

How can I know everything same you?

sungyonx

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
    • gclub
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 05:35:42 AM »
Are you a model and as an inspiration for me.

stewnwt

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 03:08:47 AM »
I would definitely be in. Very skilled with both priest and ranger, solo'd hard mode campaign on both. Like your shared HP idea a lot. wouldn't need to stay on just the one crystal if we had a warlock, he can take out the plant in the LLQ. pallys can just sit there and gank the crystal and provide group heals or priests can heal pretty easily. Their main attack can also do a ton of splash damage
Def want this achievement!
add me

stewnwt

also into anyone who wants to add me for hard mode quests and exploring some of the workshop content