Author Topic: Why are we not using the Steam discussions?  (Read 5413 times)

Konstamokh

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Why are we not using the Steam discussions?
« on: October 07, 2014, 05:46:07 PM »
Can anyone explain why this forum exists? It's extremely confusing to have two forums. I posted something on the Steam discussions but don't even know if the developers will ever see it.
On Steam, we could easily create subforums for bug reports or suggestions, so why not do it there?
We should either close the Steam discussions (if that is possible) and only leave the topic that leads to this forum or close this forum. Having two forums is not very convenient for the users and the developers.

Also, this forum needs a "Suggestions" section, so there is one section about talking about the Hammerwatch at the moment and one about the Hammerwatch of the future.

Phantom

• Dungeoneer
    • View Profile
Re: Why are we not using the Steam discussions?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 09:10:58 PM »
They shouldn't close a forum over a user preference. I'll use an example with arma series game I played. Majority of the productive posts I find over on the main company's forum and since DayZ got popular there, there are more rubbish posts on the steam discussions. Some answers may be more found there than others and some here. I usually refer to the main forums when it comes to editor questions and steam discussions to read people gameplay experiences. This to me is up to user preferences.

ZarroTsu

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 09:17:24 PM »
why this forum exists?

I'm no expert, but I'd guess "because the game isn't steam exclusive".

NekoBaron

• Scripting Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 09:54:00 PM »
why this forum exists?

This, and these forums were more active originally and probably still are, plus the devs read here more often.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 09:59:09 PM »
The steam forum isn't really that good when it comes to posting content and such, this is better. I would _like_ to see all discussions about HW-modding posted here, not there. AND like what previous poster said, not steam exclusive.

Konstamokh

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 01:30:33 PM »
why this forum exists?

Thanks for reminding me. Forgot that there is a DRM-free Hammerwatch version, too.