Author Topic: Three possible features for the next patch  (Read 6573 times)

Konstamokh

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Three possible features for the next patch
« on: October 07, 2014, 05:51:44 PM »
Local co-op with other players online
At the moment you can only play with players online OR you play coop on the same computer but you can't play with one friend at your computer while having two other friends join you from elsewhere. A game where this is well implemented would be Curve Fever.

Split-screen for local coop
It's a bit annoying that you have to be near each other in local co-op. You can't, for example, clear one passage while the other player deals with the other side. A split-screen would solve that.

Synchronisation with the Steam Cloud
Not much to say about this one. It's not necessary because saves in Hammerwatch are not that important but it would be nice to have it, in case the hard drive crashes.

If these features would be implemented the game would be perfect. Great job so far, I really like the new campaign.

Flygar Stenen

• Skeleton Hater.
    • View Profile
Re: Three possible features for the next patch
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 09:20:16 PM »
The synchronization should be like "save to cloud" then, so annoying in skyrim when you use two computers and end up with 20+ savefiles...

Gimlao

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 12:56:22 AM »
I second "Local co-op with other players online" and "Split-screen for local coop" ! :3

CrusaderDeleters

• The Great Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 02:54:47 AM »
Local co-op online
That's not how networking works.
Local co-op is either router-level or computer-level. As in, it connects from your computer, to a router, to another computer, or you both play on the same computer. Online is from Computer, to router, to DNS, to another router in whereever, to computer.
The King of Maernol

Phantom

• Dungeoneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 06:19:55 AM »
I guess the correct term would be Splitscreen or Share screen online. I've seen games with such features (more so on consoles). I think dungeon defenders had splitscreen + online coop? I remember tricking Left 4 Dead 1 with splitscreen + online on PC before. I done it through console commands for Haunted Hell's Reach as well.

Local coop would be the wrong term for it because of what Crusaders said above.

Gimlao

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 11:58:29 PM »
"Local co-op with other players online"

Gauntlet actualy does that.

Konstamokh

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 08:15:48 PM »
I saw some other games that were more demanding doing it, so why not Hammerwatch? Would probably still run with minimal lag.