Author Topic: HammerWatch Arcade Cabinet  (Read 4036 times)

ldjstyle

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
HammerWatch Arcade Cabinet
« on: October 10, 2014, 04:07:07 AM »
I'm starting on a project to build a Hammerwatch inspired counter top arcade machine.  I recently fell in love with this game as it reminds me of the old school gauntlet arcade games.  After searching around I haven't seen anyone do a project like this yet and i think this game's throwback style deserves a full coin op housing to enjoy like the old days. 

Right now i have the internal workings complete, its running on an old netbook that was about to be tossed out and i have 4 players possible by 2 arcade sticks with 8 buttons each as well as 2 hidden snes style usb controllers. Its also going to include mame and console emulated versions of gauntlet.

For the overall look i am going to include a light up marquee with the hammerwatch logo, but i need to find some fan art of the characters to adorn the sides of the machine.  If anyone would be willing to create or share some vector style fan art that can be printed please let me know. Or any other tips or ideas on what the project could include please feel free to share, this is only the second arcade cabinet i have built.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:11:58 AM by ldjstyle »

Kashlavor

• Spike Dodger.
    • View Profile
Re: HammerWatch Arcade Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 04:50:00 AM »
Awesome.
Starting work on the Lair of the Archnecromantrix, a Hammerwatch campaign!

ChrisN

• Crackshell Game artist
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 08:59:48 AM »
Sounds amazing!

Hope you find a candidate who is willing to make that art!

Just out of curiosity: How large does the images need to be?

ldjstyle

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 09:43:44 AM »
Well the surface area on the sides is what i would like to cover with character art, probably 3 ft tall 1 or 2 ft wide.  The image could be re sized without loss of quality if it was made with vector art (there are a lot of classic arcade graphics in this format so they can be printed on adhesive vinyl).