Author Topic: Debug mode, console?  (Read 5629 times)

joedf

• Swift Knight
    • View Profile
Debug mode, console?
« on: October 12, 2014, 02:08:19 AM »
I have just recently purchased 2 copies of Hammerwatch; one me and one for my dear friend. I am enjoy this game very much. I really like pixel art. But this one thing keeps bugging me while reading from this forum... I keep seeing this "console" and "debug mode" or "debug version" reference everywhere. Is there a command-line switch needed or something? I hear that it's quite helpful when creating levels or mods?
something simliar to ?
Code: [Select]
hammerwatch.exe -debug or
Code: [Select]
hammerwatch.exe -consoleI have searched everywhere... I found this.
Console.xml : http://hammerwatch.com/forum/index.php?topic=2074.msg4530#msg4530
It helps with cheating or modding... but I'm just interested to actually see this "console"... I'm not interested in cheating, there are many ways to do that. I tried the classic quake keys '~' or '`' even 'F1' ... with no success. 'Enter' is only for chat apparently... So it must be a command line switch, then press the ~ key in-game, isn't it? Having a pinned topic or having it written somewhere would quite helpful.

Thank you.

Dai Tou Zai

• Definitely Not Blitzcrank
    • View Profile
Re: Debug mode, console?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 03:37:18 AM »
As far as i can tell its to help map makers with playtesting their custom levels, i'm pretty sure it can only be used from playing a level from the editor and not the main game.
No i'm not blitzcrank, stop asking me.

Kashlavor

• Spike Dodger.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 03:58:47 AM »
I believe if you go into the folder where Hammerwatch lives and then go to the editor/ subfolder you will see another application called HammerWatch.exe, that one (the one in the editor/ folder) is the debug version.
Starting work on the Lair of the Archnecromantrix, a Hammerwatch campaign!

joedf

• Swift Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 04:13:45 AM »
Ahhh yes. Thank you. I have taken a screenshot.