Author Topic: the other analog stick can do other stuff too  (Read 2815 times)

Charizard

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
the other analog stick can do other stuff too
« on: November 08, 2014, 05:20:29 PM »
I play with the Xbox controller, and in most games that use them the left analog stick is for moving and the right is for moving the camera. however, in a top down game such as hammer-watch, you cant really move the camera away from your character. (or you can for a better view, but that's not the point) why not make it so the right analog stick can be for changing the direction a character faces, even when moving? I mean, its not unrealistic, they can already move in different directions when locking into a direction they're facing. so why not make it a little easier to change directions for attacking?

I play as the paladin most of the time, and I can see this as a great use to the way I play. not just for paladin, but for other classes to.

with the paladin you can train enemies together, and turn around mid run and lock in place to easily take them out. a difficult feat where you have to move back to face them and lock. if you could turn around while still running in one direction it would make it less risky to run into an enemy. and make it easier to turn corners when being chased by ranged enemies. this could easily work with all classes, but I feel that the paladin does it the best.

an archer could possibly use it to dodge and shoot in different directions, assuming they have the skill for such a feat.

I'm just saying this would be really useful in game, and although my argument is mainly for the paladin, I wouldn't be suprised such a useful feature could be used for other classes. who knows, some classes in the future could use this to their advantage.