Author Topic: Hosting error  (Read 3108 times)

heyub

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Hosting error
« on: October 30, 2014, 03:27:31 PM »
Once a week I have friends over and we play games. The last couple weeks we've tried to play hammerwatch but had issues connecting. I would host on my mac and my friend on a PC was unable to connect. I left the game and clicked on host again, this time I got the error:
Host error Socket address already in use.
We each restarted hammerwatch, then we restarted our computers. We still couldn't connect, so we restarted our games once more and somehow it worked. Our only clue is the host error mentioned before. Also note that we are playing through LAN. I really have no clue whats causing this and why sometimes it works.

CrusaderDeleters

• The Great Crusader
    • View Profile
Re: Hosting error
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 03:03:47 PM »
What the "Host error: Socket Address already in use." means, is that the port (Routers use ports in order to direct signals to certain computers and programs), is already being used by another program. If you haven't, unplug your router (and modem if you have one), to clear the cache. Also try to make sure that other programs aren't using said port. And are both of you hosting at the same time, or are you hosting, and your friends conencting?
The King of Maernol