Author Topic: How do I beat the survival mode?  (Read 9698 times)

Konstamokh

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
How do I beat the survival mode?
« on: November 15, 2014, 11:03:57 PM »
I was trying the survival mode with 3 friends and several different combinations (All paladin, 2 paladins, 2 warlocks, etc.).
The only method that would work is having 3 paladins play until the lich is going to spawn, then have one ranger enter, buy all his damage upgrades and finish the lich. This seems like cheating to me, so I'd like to know if there is an actual working combination.

Phantom

• Dungeoneer
    • View Profile
Re: How do I beat the survival mode?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 11:16:37 PM »
I played with 2 friends. I'm ranger. My 2 paladin friends went farming crystals while I farm around in the beginning, until stuff got hard so I just camped and kill stuff while surviving by the shop in the middle while my friend went to farm the rest. It was a 3 man team. We tried again a 4 man team but my new friend was a newb so that went to hell :P .

As ranger at first I max out move speed to dodge stalamite then I went for mainly all damage and then just dodge and kill stuff or look for chest on the floor if they're in areas that aren't too risky. My paladin friends farmed the crystals and such. By the time we got to the Lich boss, my paladin friends just focus on healing or dealing with small fries and then I deal with the boss.

Dai Tou Zai

• Definitely Not Blitzcrank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 01:23:39 AM »
by surviving
No i'm not blitzcrank, stop asking me.

Konstamokh

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 11:10:49 AM »
I played with 2 friends. I'm ranger. My 2 paladin friends went farming crystals while I farm around in the beginning, until stuff got hard so I just camped and kill stuff while surviving by the shop in the middle while my friend went to farm the rest. It was a 3 man team. We tried again a 4 man team but my new friend was a newb so that went to hell :P .

As ranger at first I max out move speed to dodge stalamite then I went for mainly all damage and then just dodge and kill stuff or look for chest on the floor if they're in areas that aren't too risky. My paladin friends farmed the crystals and such. By the time we got to the Lich boss, my paladin friends just focus on healing or dealing with small fries and then I deal with the boss.

That was exactly the way I wanted to do it, but just running around as a ranger is a bit boring... I know I can't do anything other as soon as the fairy-thingies spawn but it's still a bit sad. Our next run will be 3 paladins and one ranger, I am sure we can do it that way.

Phantom

• Dungeoneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 11:35:21 AM »
Once the fairies spawn you're just going to have to run in circles and just shoot them or kite them off your paladin teammates and stay in the safe zone. As for the crystals for money, that's the paladins job now since they can dash and heal themselves and such. You can get a couple of chests if they're safe or a little of the middle crystal if its safe. Now its the patient game, I was ranger and the rest of my buddies were paladins when I did it.

Courtesy

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 07:16:29 AM »
I beat it with a Priest Ranger combo. We both took out the NE sentry thing so it could be safe to farm immediately, then we split up and farmed crystals on opposite sides of the map. We focused on surviving, only attacking the crystal when an opportunity really supplied itself to us.

Do not be afraid to buy extra lives, we died 20 times.