Author Topic: What we are up to right now (read this or die).  (Read 42961 times)

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
Re: What we are up to right now (read this or die).
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 09:36:09 AM »
We don't have any scripts yet, but yea, they will get simpler, the once that can be made simpler.

Here's a funny video btw

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxFe-HxJqnE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxFe-HxJqnE</a>

Dai Tou Zai

• Definitely Not Blitzcrank
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 09:50:26 AM »
We don't have any scripts yet, but yea, they will get simpler, the once that can be made simpler.

Here's a funny video btw
Now i'm curious to find out what that pen/text tab does
No i'm not blitzcrank, stop asking me.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2014, 10:21:24 AM »
I'm not sure the text tab will be there in the end, no reason really, texts can be inside a script layer instead. But for now, inside it, you have the possibilities to place text on the ground in the editor and have texts seen only in editor or both game and editor.

Pens are used to make walls and things in a row, it's a bit buggy and so, but I've already used it when I created level 1 in SSBD.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:28:42 AM by Hipshot »

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2014, 01:23:29 AM »
I'm hoping that with the new engine you'll be able to teleport independently of the group and (Myran!) maybe even different levels?

Dai Tou Zai

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2014, 03:44:10 AM »
We need conveyor's in the future of hammerwatch!

Question, with all the modification will it be possible to make a Hammerwatch custom MOBA?

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2014, 03:47:47 AM »
You will be able to teleport independently, yes. The local co-op will be split-screen instead of the shared screen like in Hammerwatch so that we can split up players.
We've been thinking about being able to be on different levels and we're not sure yet if it will be possible. There are some interesting technical and logical challenges to supporting that, so it's something that might just be too much work, but at least we want it and we haven't excluded it yet.

Yes, it should be possible to make a MOBA, although it will probably require you to write quite a bit of code to make it really nice (like, at least some custom skills and custom AI for the creeps)

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2014, 04:06:48 AM »
What about movable objects maybe? I can think of so many level progression ideas, puzzles, and mechanics with pushable or moveable objects? ./beg

Dai Tou Zai

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2014, 04:10:55 AM »
We need 10 player Co-Op pls

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2014, 04:11:58 AM »
We need 10 player Co-Op pls

or 5v5 versus. Already thinking of how much fun the versus is going to be!

Dai Tou Zai

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2014, 04:17:04 AM »
Multiplayer game mode were 1 team is monsters and the other are heros, but playing as a stationary boss would suck haha

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2014, 11:47:38 AM »
We talked about the core features yesterday and when it comes to versus mode the biggest issue is getting the netcode up to a level where you can play over the Atlantic and have a high ping w/o any major issues, just as you can do with many other more established games, this is not as easy as it sounds. Those issues are far less in coop, cause you fight AI and if it's lags or gets a bit desynced it won't really effect the gameplay - people just don't feel cheated out of a kill in the same way. That's our biggest issue getting a solid versus experince.

When it comes to amount of players, I say we probably need to restrict the games split view feature to 4 but, other than that, it's up to lobby and HUD design as the limit, we talked about more than 4 players, 6-8 would be really cool to see.

Dai Tou Zai

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2014, 03:06:14 AM »
Last question i swear (Its more futuristic and if you cant answer ill be okay with that)

What about cross mapping?
Example - Being able to play and edit maps from HW1 on HW2 (If it's ever created)

Soga

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2014, 06:56:32 AM »
What about cross mapping?
Example - Being able to play and edit maps from HW1 on HW2 (If it's ever created)

I'm pretty sure third party conversion tools will be very easy to do, if not done by the HW devs.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 11:49:26 PM »
We did talk about this early on, I'm not sure what we decided, but whatever it was, I think it's something that would be addressed late in the development. I'm not against letting people convert their HW stuff to this engine, but then we need some good way of converting the gameplay too ofc.

Anyway, look at how the mouse controls the player and aim.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KWZjRAYkcA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KWZjRAYkcA</a>

miniluigi008

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2014, 02:45:41 AM »
@Mylan, yeah, I turned off the Steam overlay.

I believe it turned out to be a bad mac update-- I had to downgrade my OS version. Everything runs smoothly now.

I'm sorry if I caused any trouble, I just had no idea it was an automatic update until I started watching YouTube. It had terrible fps. Hopefully, the new update causes a problem with video backends, so it'll be Apple's fault and they'll fix it.