Author Topic: What is the limit for custom maps?  (Read 4455 times)

Dai Tou Zai

• Definitely Not Blitzcrank
    • View Profile
What is the limit for custom maps?
« on: December 09, 2014, 11:01:14 PM »
as of right now 231 MB, and i'm not even finished with the second act, so i'm wondering whats the limit for maps?
No i'm not blitzcrank, stop asking me.

dingoZero

• Dingovania
    • View Profile
Re: What is the limit for custom maps?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 11:48:54 PM »
Experiment idea:

Copy and paste your assets over and over again in a test folder, and then pack it. I'm wondering if there is a hard limit within the level packer.

Otherwise you have a soft limit of what people are willing to download.

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 01:02:41 AM »
The Steam Workshop itself has a 50MB file size limit I believe. Where are you seeing that you are taking up 200MB? Is this before or after you compile it into a .hwm?

A thing to note is that sound and music tend to take up the most space after it's compiled. Levels and .xmls and such become almost nothing.

Dai Tou Zai

• Definitely Not Blitzcrank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 01:05:00 AM »
The Steam Workshop itself has a 50MB file size limit I believe. Where are you seeing that you are taking up 200MB? Is this before or after you compile it into a .hwm?

A thing to note is that sound and music tend to take up the most space after it's compiled. Levels and .xmls and such become almost nothing.
I haven't compiled it yet, that's just the size of the folder but when i first released it, it was over 62mb (i think) so i'm guessing that why i cant upload it to steam, glad i could solve that problem 3 months later lol
No i'm not blitzcrank, stop asking me.

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 01:06:56 AM »
Ah yeah. I had to lower the quality of my sound and music quite a bit in order to fit it for RW act 1. It's 47MB