Author Topic: [Campaing] Fallen kings  (Read 18294 times)

JKX

• Wat
    • View Profile
[Campaing] Fallen kings
« on: January 06, 2015, 04:06:03 PM »
Hi there, I made some levels for you guys and gals http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=370085806
or download the attachment and put it in your hammerwatch/levels folder
you can leave anything regarding this mod here or the workshop link above
I used mostly stock graphics so there's that

It's fully done and tested many times altho there might be some "bugs"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 11:50:20 AM by JKX »
I dunno

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
Re: [Campaing] Fallen kings
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 04:37:09 PM »
I will try it out tomorrow morning in coop =)

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 11:15:01 AM »
This was fun!
We just had an issue with that a button didn't work, so we never got the bronze key after the labyrinth with all the arrows shooting =)

ChrisN

• Crackshell Game artist
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 11:22:21 AM »
When I tried the level I could not progress further than to the bronze key. This button seems not to be working

http://imgur.com/7WIxq7i

Overall I thought it was a great experience, cool map layouts which keeps it interesting at all time! Hopefully you will be able to fix this so we can continue our crusade through the fallen castle! :)

Zas

• [̲̅:̲̅¦̲̅ ̲̅|̲̅ ̲̅ ̲̅ ̲̅ ̲̅]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 01:30:00 PM »
It is a button that needs all the players to stand on it. It's so that the other players don't get stuck in the labyrinth.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 02:46:18 PM »
Ok, we'll replay the level again then.
Maybe you can add some text there or something, so other will know =) For the future.

JKX

• Wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 03:52:03 PM »
yes, that is an "all players" button as Zas mentioned
I didn't put any text there because it's a puzzle (yes I know it might seem lame but I thought people would try to stand on it with all players)
if I fix it now every save would wipe
I will fix this with the next patch if something else fatal happens
I dunno

dillydadally

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 10:30:47 AM »
Hey, I just wanted to say, this was seriously the best Hammerwatch map me and my friends ever played - even better than both the main campaigns. We all agreed!

The only problem we had (and it was big enough that we would have quit if not for this forum post) was that confusing button mentioned above. We had no idea what to do there and looked everywhere else and were about to give up with the map until we did a google search.

It needs a hint of some sort, like "you need more weight" or maybe a sign that says "A life is gained by those who work together", or maybe both.  I think even still it would be a pretty hard riddle to figure out. We actually had 2 people stand on it at once before we figured it out but there were 3 people in our game. Maybe if you had multiple people standing on it but not all, it could say "You need just a little more weight".

There also might be a bug there. When we finally figured it out and everyone stood on the switch, there was two messages that popped up at the exact same time so we couldn't read them. I think one of them said something like you're not heavy enough. Maybe you have a hint but a bug keeps it from being displayed until afterwards?

Other feedback we had was in the very end when you get trapped in the cage for a conversation, we had a hard time triggering that and were confused because it took a long time before we all 3 were down there together. We often wandered around separately. In addition, some doors were hard to see or find because they were on a bottom wall and not marked on the map. Maybe they could have a longer carpet leading up to them? Or something on the map if possible?

Anyway, AWESOME job and we loved it. THANK YOU for making this map! It was amazing!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 10:32:57 AM by dillydadally »

JKX

• Wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 11:53:01 AM »
Alright, thank YOU for the feedback, it really helps. I will look in to those possible problems and try to come up with something when I really need to patch the game again.
I dunno

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 01:59:39 PM »
maybe you can come up with some other cool things when you decide to patch it!

JKX

• Wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 03:12:49 PM »
maybe you can come up with some other cool things when you decide to patch it!
more content? It is a cool idea but I don't know if I want to harass people with too many updates because that would make their save files incompatible.
that is the main reason I wanted to make a finished product rather than a beta that is many times the case with user created content. not to fire shots at anybody but that is how I like to work
I dunno

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2015, 05:01:21 PM »
Ah, ok! Well, fix up the smaller issues and make a new one then instead =)
I  know those save games are a real issue. Can't really fix that from our side though, that's just how the engine works I'm afraid.

JKX

• Wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2015, 07:56:17 PM »
Ah, ok! Well, fix up the smaller issues and make a new one then instead =)
I  know those save games are a real issue. Can't really fix that from our side though, that's just how the engine works I'm afraid.
I understand completely there is no way to make the saves compatible and that's alright. I do not know if I'll be making another campaing though.
I dunno

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 11:14:07 AM »
Could you perhaps upload the level so people that don't have steam can play it?

JKX

• Wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2015, 01:44:17 AM »
Could you perhaps upload the level so people that don't have steam can play it?
sure, I'll add it to the first post
can non-registered users download attachments?
I dunno