Author Topic: [Campaing] Gauntlet Retro-Campaing [RLZ/WIP]  (Read 30907 times)

Phantom

• Dungeoneer
    • View Profile
Re: [Campaing] Gauntlet Retro-Campaing [WIP]
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 07:01:03 AM »
Yeah i thinking about it, i have gauntlet sprites and map designs. About the maps i know how to convert the textures. Edit/create creatures models or animations looks easy [not tried yet] but make/edit the .xml scripts maybe difficult. Specially the DEATH, you know... that bastard creature of gauntlet. In gauntlet, the death only can be killed on melee, and drain life much fast.

I recommend Hammersprite to help out with some of hte .xml for simple monsters, doodads, and tiles http://hammerwatch.com/forum/index.php?topic=2081.0

After it set up the basics for you, you can go back in the .xml and edit the files to your needs.

khrusayder

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 09:08:57 AM »
oh, dont worry for that phantom, i make already some custom monsters, doodad and stuff with tha hammersprites. Its a simple and useful tool mate. Thanks anyway friend :D i will working :P

khrusayder

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 12:23:36 PM »
My apologies, im working in two projects for hammerwatch, the other one requires much work to create new doodads, monsters and animation. But this is going forward too ofcourse.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2014, 12:37:48 PM »
Maybe you should scale it down and not make 100 maps?

Phantom

• Dungeoneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 03:55:39 PM »
I won't mind giving a hand if I got some spare time if you need.

Dai Tou Zai

• Definitely Not Blitzcrank
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2014, 04:15:27 PM »

As long as they're short i'm okay with 100 maps (But i definitely wouldn't playthough it all in 1 sitting) but just curious, in your opinion hipshot whats the maximum ammount of maps you'd have for 1 campaign?
No i'm not blitzcrank, stop asking me.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2014, 07:16:05 AM »

As long as they're short i'm okay with 100 maps (But i definitely wouldn't playthough it all in 1 sitting) but just curious, in your opinion hipshot whats the maximum ammount of maps you'd have for 1 campaign?

Hmm, well, I can't really say a number of maps for a campaign, the reason why I think the number should be reduced from 100 down to something like, well, 25 is because it will be easier to finish it, 100 levels are a lot of work, even if you can look at the old maps.

ZarroTsu

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2014, 05:43:21 PM »
Maybe break up the campaign release into multiple 'parts' if you want to do 100 maps? Maybe put in a 'level select' map that lets players pick which or how many maps they want to play through in one sitting?

khrusayder

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2014, 12:33:15 AM »
Updated with new pics and updated info.

As i said, i have a lot of free time. So is not a problem for me. But thanks for the tip.

I won't mind giving a hand if I got some spare time if you need.

Thanks mate, ill appreciate it, but not be necessary at the moment. But good to said.

Maybe break up the campaign release into multiple 'parts' if you want to do 100 maps? Maybe put in a 'level select' map that lets players pick which or how many maps they want to play through in one sitting?

Yeah Thats true. but i think hammerwatch engine cant do that. However im gonna build the campaing in 5 parts.

The first part is already done. And gonna have the first 20 maps. All parts gonna have 20 maps. But when all are finished im gonna make a full version for the brave ones.

khrusayder

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2014, 04:33:26 AM »
Well the first part is now available to download! Check the main post on the first page.

Something you should know before start it:

1- I've finished the campaing alone with a thief, So its possible beat it.
2- if you have found any bug / exploit. PM me, or post here.
3- if you want write a feedback post here me.
4- if you have a suggestion or a tip, PM me or post here.

The next part [21 - 40] must be much harder to create, because i need time to convert and import to hammerwatch all the sprites and doodads/tilemaps from the original gauntlet, and remember i have another project with my brother Hal9000. So thanks for you patience.

I will try fix the bugs and that sort of things soon as i can. Thanks 4 the community.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 04:37:10 AM by khrusayder »

Imban

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: [Campaing] Gauntlet Retro-Campaing [RLZ/WIP]
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2014, 09:29:59 AM »
One of the switches on the second level (The Cross, IIRC) to open the bottommost door doesn't work, so it's impossible to get down there.

khrusayder

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 03:34:22 PM »
I Know, not its a bug. Its Trolling :P ;D

honx

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2015, 12:51:56 PM »
in the lost pyramid level is a bug what makes the capaign unplayable from this point.
i spawn outside the map borders, in the pitch black and there's no way to get in...

honx

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2015, 10:25:34 PM »
well, i guess there's no solution or fix for this issue. so i can delete this campaign, right?

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2015, 01:49:34 PM »
I'm pretty sure this is dead.