Author Topic: Difficulty Troubleshooting  (Read 3921 times)

Gibli

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Difficulty Troubleshooting
« on: February 05, 2015, 01:55:10 PM »
Hello,

It's been some time since I first started Hammerwatch, enjoying myself with a Wizard in Hard Difficulty.
I finally decided to try some other class, and begun a journey with a thief. But I found strange the fact that I had a lot of HP (40) and even that my mana regenerated itself since I was confident about the fact I started the game in Hard Difficulty.
So I checked myself, restarted a new game in Hard, tryed many classes, and always found it too easy in comparison of my party with my Wizard.
And then I started a new game in Hard with a Wizard, and found myself having 35 HP at the start instead of 1 in my Hard mode party.
I checked many times, the game indeed start in Medium instead of Hard for every new game after the first I've made.
I played it on my Mac at first, but went on my HP under Archlinux to give it a try, and on it I can't even have a single party in Hard, they all set themselves in Medium Difficulty.

So that's it, quite frustrating to not been able to get some serious challenge, the Medium Mode feel like a child play in comparison of the Hard one ;'(

Cordially,

Gibli.

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Difficulty Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 03:16:15 PM »
If you only had 1 health and no mana regeneration it seems like you were playing with modifiers. If you start a custom game and press the modifiers button there are a few challenges there that you can turn on. The modifiers are separate from the difficulty, so you could play on easy but with the no extra lives modifier, if you'd want to.

Gibli

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: Difficulty Troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 10:34:07 AM »
Hi,

Well I do not remember toggling such modifiers.
But if I were to be wrong, it may be possible for me to forget doing it after all, then it mean that if you toggle the 1HP modifier you are still able to buy +5HP modifier at the shopkeeper ?

Still, I thank you for your answer.
I guess I will get my way with the modifiers then.

Cordialy,

Gibli.