Author Topic: OpenAL doesn't let me play  (Read 5834 times)

Pit

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
OpenAL doesn't let me play
« on: March 19, 2015, 04:34:59 AM »
I tried download the dll of the troubleshooting part and added to the document, but didn't work.

There's everything attached. I didn't find the Error.txt but I made one by copying the errors that appeared after I closed the game. Sorry the names are in spanish, the whole OS is in spanish.

Pit

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: OpenAL doesn't let me play
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 02:06:46 PM »
 UPDATE!

After running the windows updater, the blocky graphics where gone, but still the Open Al doesn't let me play. I deleted from the Hammerwatch document and now it goes super sloww, but now there's sound and video... After a few moments, the screen gets black.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 02:08:43 PM by Pit »

junifree

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 03:44:18 AM »
why does no mod post here? dont they want to give their customers solutions to play their game?

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 01:30:07 PM »
Can't really help here. I assume it's something with the intel graphics drivers. Most issues related to graphics in this game has come from laptops carrying an intelcard and/or from people on mac.

This is also why the return policy on steam is good, if someone can't get the game to work and feel that they made a bad purchase, they can always return the product. Even gog has a similar policy I think.

nickajeglin

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 12:22:35 AM »
I had some major issues getting a laptop with integrated intel graphics to run the game. I had to lower all graphics settings, and turn off as much fancy graphics as possible to get it playable. It seems like it's quite a bit more resource intensive than you'd expect from the pixel-y graphics. If possible, try running on a computer with a dedicated graphics card, as this fixed my problems on windows OS at least.