Author Topic: Music begins overlapping  (Read 6342 times)

hiiplayhw

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Music begins overlapping
« on: April 19, 2015, 06:41:00 AM »
Hello,

On my custom maps, music randomly decides to overlap when new music is introduced and another is playing. Sometimes it works correctly and correctly replaces the original song. Sometimes it simply overlaps and not even playing "none" will stop the overlapping songs from playing. Any ideas? Thanks.

MadMan

• Faggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: Music begins overlapping
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 11:12:14 AM »
Confirmed! Happens to me too!!!!

TrollTaylor

• Pixel Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 09:23:00 PM »
Confirmed, happens to me too!!!

hiiplayhw

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 07:34:51 PM »
Man I posted this forever ago -- no one knows? I'm definitely not the only person this happens to (and it happens on multiple PCs I have used).

hiiplayhw

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 06:31:30 PM »
For anyone having issues with overlapping music in your own maps, one workaround that seems to work every time is using a PlayMusic script set to the music "none" *prior to switching to the next level*. E.g. Trigger "none" just before players enter a LevelExitArea. You can trigger new music immediately upon entering the spawn point of the next level. Triggering "none" on the same map was still not guaranteed to work when starting a new song after "none" in the same map. I don't know why.

Despite some small awkward silence in some moments, this seems to prevent music overlap that happens randomly when trying to change music in one script chain, e.g. music1 --> none --> bossmusic; music1 --> bossmusic; etc.

Hopefully the small nuance of what I am trying to say makes sense.

Flemse

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 10:40:33 PM »
We tried using the none trick, but nomatter what we do, the music just keep overlapping from certain point on. It's kinda frustrating  :'(