Author Topic: Can`t Open it,by Mac OS X El Capitan(10.11)  (Read 5529 times)

besoohi

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Can`t Open it,by Mac OS X El Capitan(10.11)
« on: October 08, 2015, 09:23:17 AM »
In Terminal open it.
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810
pls...

Mac OS X El Capitan(10.11)

LiquidDivide

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: Can`t Open it,by Mac OS X El Capitan(10.11)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 04:34:05 PM »
I realize it has been forever since this was posted, but I just found the solution the other day. I ran into this post while researching, so I think it is valuable.

http://osxdaily.com/2015/10/05/disable-rootless-system-integrity-protection-mac-os-x/

In case that link ever dies, here are the steps listed to solve the issue.

Reboot the Mac and hold down Command + R keys simultaneously after you hear the startup chime, this will boot OS X into Recovery Mode
When the “OS X Utilities” screen appears, pull down the ‘Utilities’ menu at the top of the screen instead, and choose “Terminal”
Type the following command into the terminal then hit return:

Code: [Select]
csrutil disable; reboot
You’ll see a message saying that System Integrity Protection has been disabled and the Mac needs to restart for changes to take effect, and the Mac will then reboot itself automatically, just let it boot up as normal
You can also issue the command by itself without the automatic reboot like so:

Code: [Select]
csrutil disable

edcvfr43

• View Profile
Re: Can`t Open it,by Mac OS X El Capitan(10.11)
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 02:37:20 AM »
System Integrity Protection (SIP) provides a lot of security benefits and I wouldn't recommended turning it off like the above post suggests. Luckily, there's another way to make Hammerwatch work.

1. Find your Hammerwatch app bundle (likely in your Applications folder on your main hard drive).
(Side note: does the Steam version of the game run as expected? I know Steam defaults to storing games in Hard Drive/Users/user name/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps and sometimes not as application bundles at all.)
2. Right-click (or control-click) the bundle and choose "Show Package Contents"
3. Navigate to Contents/Resources/game/Hammerwatch.app and right-click to show package contents again.
4. Navigate to Contents/MacOS/osx
5. In the menu bar choose "File > New Finder Window", then choose "Go > Go to Folder..." and type /usr/local/lib.
6. Choose "File > New Folder" and name it lib. You'll have to enter your administrator password.
7. Copy the contents of osx to lib.

I think Hammerwatch is designed to copy these files automatically, but SIP prevents it because it's Apple's new security policy that software cannot write to certain locations in the file system, including where I think Hammerwatch wants to (/usr/lib). As it turns out, Apple allows writing within /usr/local, which can act as an alternate place for files that are normally expected to be in /usr.

It would be nice if Hammerwatch didn't have to store essential files in such an obscure location, for all sorts of reasons (ease of complete uninstallation, for instance). I admit, though, that I'm not a developer and don't have to solve these programming challenges.