Author Topic: [CAMPAIGN]Dungeon of Doom 2.2.4 - The Hunt for the Golden Moose!  (Read 19236 times)

Flemse

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
[CAMPAIGN]Dungeon of Doom 2.2.4 - The Hunt for the Golden Moose!
« on: February 15, 2016, 09:27:35 PM »
A custom Hammerwatch campaign in 2 acts, featuring a prologue, an epilogue, custom monsters, custom themes, custom mini-boss, traps, secrets, puzzles, a custom boss fight and an 8-bit custom soundtrack by Pantera, Megadeth, Man-o-War and friends.

• Playtime any%: 1½ - 2½ hours.
• Playtime 100%: 2½ - 5 hours.
• Difficulty: Medium to Hard (Extra hard on hard difficulty)
• Recommended players: 2-4

Latest version: Dungeon of Doom 2.2.4

We hope you want to try this new version of Dungeon of Doom we have been working on for some time now.. The campaign is now almost 3 times the original lenght and we have added tons of custom stuff. Don't be shy to tell us what you think :)

We have one huge issue; The music starts to loop over the music from the previous levels at some point. This we can't fix nomatter what we try, but we hope one of the pros here might take a look at it, and tell us what we are doing wrong.

Also, credit goes out to the Pirates Cove and DingoVania crews for letting us use some of their assets, we appreciate it!

Anyway, we hope you enjoy the campaign :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 02:30:09 AM by Flemse »

ChrisN

• Crackshell Game artist
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: [CAMPAIGN]Dungeon of Doom 2 beta - The Hunt for the Golden Moose!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 09:40:37 AM »
The link does not seem to work for me :(

I recommend uploading it into steamworkshop if possible! :)

Flemse

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 11:52:35 AM »
Doh, should be fixed now.

We would like to get some feedback before posting it to steam, though, so I hope you'll download here and give it a try.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 12:50:55 PM »
We can test it tomorrow at work =)

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 04:08:59 PM »
We tried it, it was fun, act2 is nice, however, we died somewhere, cause there was some error with the spikes, I'm not sure where, perhaps Christian can tell you more.

I think it has to do with level change actually...

Flemse

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 04:14:10 PM »
Thanks for trying it out :) We had that error before, but on the main floor of the sultans dungeon, and we changed them to firetraps to solve it. What exactly do you mean that it has to do with level change? Can you tell me how I can fix it? And finally, did you get the looping music error?

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 01:20:26 AM »
So I haven't actually looked at how those traps are scripted, but a fairly common issue is when you make a loop by having scripts chained together and having a delay on their connections those delayed script executions are actually saved and loaded whenever you exit and reenter the levels. This means that if you execute the first link in your loop on LevelLoaded it will both load from the save and also execute from LevelLoaded so your loop will then run twice at the same time, and getting worse each time you enter the level.
So to test if this is what's happening just exit and enter the level a bunch of times and see if the traps get more and more messed up. The solution is to have the LevelLoaded event that triggers the traps only execute once.

We're looking in to the looping music bug, but I'm just not sure when we'll be able to push out a patch :\

ChrisN

• Crackshell Game artist
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 02:20:42 PM »
These levels are definitely putting hammerwatch skills to the test!
I really enjoyed the story and overall progression!  :D

Nice to hear that you guys changed these spikes to firetraps :)

Whenever you guys push out the latest build we'll gladly try it out and finish it! :)
(And make sure Kapten Kurre does not pick the theif and dies ALL our extra lives  ::) )

Hope all this was useful :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 02:22:18 PM by ChrisN »

Flemse

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 08:24:36 PM »
It has been very useful Chris, thanks a lot for trying it out, and we are very happy that you enjoyed it up until the buggy spikes.

It would be great if you could take a look at the music bug Myran, but I understand that you are busy with SSBD, so we just hope you try to fix it whenever you have the time. I think it would make a lot of people happy :) The problem with the spikes was exactly what you guessed, and they should be working as intended now.

The link in the op has been changed to the new version if you guys would like to try it without the spike bug. You got to see our custom end boss and tell us what you think :D We hope you'll try it out again, and any feedback is appreciated.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 04:50:16 PM »
Sorry for not answering before about the spikes, but if you load the campaign level 2 and look how that's scripted, you see that there's a script that restarts the entire sequence on level load (I think if I remember correctly), this prevents spike bugs like these from happening!

ChrisN

• Crackshell Game artist
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 11:25:50 AM »

We finished it!  8)  We did a lot better this time, having a lot of lives left (26)

We avoided most enemies in the act 3 because they were just to hard to kill. Mostly the axe throwing guys.

The only real problem is the music and the stacking of songs, somehow we couldn't even turn it in the options. The music seems to be set in sfx or something? :S

Dungeon of Doom is probably one of the hardest and fun maps in Hammerwatch, nice job!  ;D

(edit: the music issue is also related to the music bug)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 02:52:58 PM by ChrisN »

Flemse

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 08:28:25 AM »
Thank you for all your feedback, guys, we appreciate it a lot. For the final release, the mobs in the last dungeon will have a bit less hp, and be a bit more plentyfull. This should make them more fun to battle.

The music bug frustrates us a lot, because it sounds like a complete mess just half way through, and you can't hear all the custom tracks we have added. And like you said Chris, you can't even turn down the music in option when the bug occurs. We've looked through all our music, and we can find no scripting errors, and at this point, we are considering simply removing all the music except a single track. That would bring down the quality and make us sad that we made all those tracks that will now go unused, but it's the only real option we can think of right now.

Do you guys have any other ideas?

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 07:54:50 PM »
So, this really hasn't been tested enough yet, but if you go in to Properties in Hammerwatch in Steam, select Betas and put in this as an access code: BetaTesting132
you'll get access to a test version 1.32, does that help with the music thing?

Flemse

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 05:27:36 PM »
I've tested it in singleplayer about half way through the campaign, and it sounds like the issue has been completely fixed. I'll test it in co-op tomorrow. Thank you so very much for the fix, Myran :)

Flemse

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2016, 08:32:26 PM »
We found a bug. When using the editor in this new version, the lighting does not appear at all. It is as if it is always turned off(shift + F6).

We'll report further if we find any more issues.