Author Topic: Removing lower layers of tiles  (Read 5196 times)

FFSnipe

• Maze Master
    • View Profile
Removing lower layers of tiles
« on: April 08, 2016, 05:15:07 PM »
Heyo, its been a while since I was here. Lost everything on my old laptop and just forgot about HammerWatch to be honest. I have been back in the editor workin on a few things again.

Anyway, Lets say I have 3 layers of tiles. c_default, d_default, and  d_carpet. Is there anyway to remove lower tiles EASILY? I know I can turn off specific tiles to see what is underneath, but when you are working with a large map it can be a bit of a pain.

If this has been asked and answered, I apologize in advance.
Spoils to the victor...

FFSnipe

• Maze Master
    • View Profile
Re: Removing lower layers of tiles
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 02:11:05 AM »
Random question that has nothing to do with the original.

In the editor, I used to be able to see the script text telling me exactly what script it was (variable, change variable add, check variable, if not zero doodad state2, area trigger leave, area, etc) Since I have reinstalled, there is nothing. It is very confusing when I have a lot of scripts.

How can I get the script description text back in the editor?
Spoils to the victor...

dingoZero

• Dingovania
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 03:35:24 AM »
Is there anyway to remove lower tiles EASILY?

You do know that if you select a tileset (like c_default), and right click, it erases that specific tileset right?

FFSnipe

• Maze Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 03:59:18 AM »
Is there anyway to remove lower tiles EASILY?

You do know that if you select a tileset (like c_default), and right click, it erases that specific tileset right?
Yes I am well aware of that. I dont think I am explaining properly.

If I have a giant area with b_default tiles, with c_default scattered here and there, there is no point for the b_default tiles underneath the c_default tiles is there? No, theres not.

I was wondering if there was an easy way to remove JUST the tiles that are covered with other tiles, in theory reducing the filesize (less in the XML file itself)

This is what I mean. In that example, there are a_default and b_default tiles that could be removed. This is an easy example. When you are working on a huge project, it isnt practical to keep flipping on and off tile layers and going back and forth removing a section at a time while trying to remember where the turned off tiles were. I am simply wondering if there is an easier way to go about doing this.

Also, no info about the script text issue I mentioned?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 04:22:11 AM by FFSnipe »
Spoils to the victor...

rpc190

• Map Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 08:02:25 PM »
With respect to the tile thing there is no way to cancel based on where other tiles are, if you are really concerned with space saving you will have to be more precise with your tile placement.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with the script text, but I don't think such a feature exists now if it ever did.