Author Topic: Hammerwatch inspired coop game  (Read 7448 times)

hamstermp

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Hammerwatch inspired coop game
« on: May 09, 2017, 03:57:14 PM »
Hello,

I would like to introduce my coop dungeon crawler I am developing in my spare time.

I mention everytime that Dungeons of the Fallen is inspired by Hammerwatch. I love coop games and always wanted to make mine too. It can never dream of outshining the master but I hope some of you can enjoy it too. Right now the game is working its way through Steam Greenlight and I would really appreciate some votes.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=922194713

Let me know what you think!

Cheers!

« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 12:50:23 PM by hamstermp »

Flemse

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: Hammerwatch inspired coop game now on Greenlight!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 09:57:40 AM »
Doesn't look bad, and I always like to see more co-op games.

Graphically, I'd work on making your assets blend better together, make the transitions less harsh all around. When something is placed in snow for example it should have a little frost running up it's base, and so on.

hamstermp

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 10:41:44 AM »
Thanks, good advice! Yes, the game is kinda graphically inconsistent and that's something I have to accept. I'm not a pixel artist but I'm trying my best.

Flemse

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 05:09:13 PM »
I don't know if you have to accept it, seems like a serious project and I see that you have set a realistic 2018 release date, so there is plenty of time to add extra detail and polish I think. Alot of your pixel assets are very nice already.

It would be great if the co-op could be possibleonline, but I know that might be hard to do.

hamstermp

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 12:04:04 PM »
Apart from standard LAN coop will be possible through Hamachi or port forwarding but I need to do more optimization since the host is currently overloaded with four players playing.

There is still a lot to implement until the release date but I will definitely look closer into the graphics. Thanks :)

hamstermp

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Hammerwatch inspired coop game
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 12:50:08 PM »
Hi after long break,

I still have not fixed those graphical inconsistencies. But I will! :) Made a lot of progress though and I'm getting closer and closer to release. Would love to get some feedback from Hammerwatch players. Does the game look fun to play?

You can find the trailer on Steam Store page https://store.steampowered.com/app/701610/Dungeons_of_the_Fallen/

Throwing bunch of screens too:

mark435

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
    • Twitch overlays
Re: Hammerwatch inspired coop game
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 02:52:55 AM »
Looks pretty cool, wishlisted!