Author Topic: Editor Tutorials  (Read 28931 times)

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Editor Tutorials
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 02:53:42 PM »
I'm having the same issue as Dai Tou Zai, here is the error message when I try to launch it from the editor or in game:

"--- UNHANDLED EXCEPTION - 8/20/2013 2:20:29 PM - HMW 1.01 DEBUG ---
------"
It looks like you have a custom caster enemy who can summon stuff, but you removed the sound for it.

LastTourniquet

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 07:03:58 PM »
"This is all well and good but there’s a faster way of getting your dungeons walls in place, by drawing a black and white pixel image and pasting it into the editor." This is a direct quote from your guide, how exactly do you make the pixel image? Does it need to be in a specific program? And how do you paste it into the editor? Anyone who has an answer to these questions that would be great.

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 07:39:58 PM »
It should be possible with most image editors, you just need to make a selection in the editor and copy it.

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 01:57:44 AM »
Can someone provide an example of a map that is possible to drag over into the editor?

LastTourniquet

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 01:28:09 AM »
It should be possible with most image editors, you just need to make a selection in the editor and copy it.
Do you think you could give an example? I have tried with what I have by default on my computer (Paint (not sure if that is what you mean by image editor)) and that didn't work, I have also tried just copy/pasting the example from the guide but with no results. If I need to download a free program that's fine but I'm not going to spend money on something like photo-shop just to make map editing easier :P

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 01:09:31 PM »
I think the problem is what you actually copy, you shouldn't copy a file from the explorer, what you need to copy are the actual pixels from in the image editor.

LastTourniquet

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 09:13:21 PM »
So I tried just copying the pixels and It didn't work, but for some reason after I saved the image it worked.. really weird >.< maybe I just did it wrong the first time, either way I got it to work now :P thanks

muchopanam

• Pixelled Human.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 02:48:45 AM »
For me, the problem is to succeed of cracking walls when i play with my map. I use deteriorate wall but impossible to crack them in my test.
Otherwise, Thx Linaru to propose this tutorial. I like ideas to do real good maps or story, but i think that editor isn't so simple to put items. A physic colored grid will be welcomed, with "magnetic" ability. It's not so easy to place items. Sometimes, impossible to match some items with a certain position. Arghhh. Developpers of the Map have signed with God to create their good story. No ? lol.
I am waiting for the rest of our good advices, Linaru.

Moreover, you 're in the credits isn't it ?
Did you have participated to crteation of the game ?

I see, you create a map... Greyfall. I don't all like it for the moment. I play once only with friend. I am going to see it again soon. But interesting, the work done for the "light-less", like a Slender game. Lol.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 02:44:49 PM by muchopanam »
Gimme me Hammer please, i have to save my Princess from the Dragon !

LastTourniquet

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2013, 08:08:38 AM »
For me, the problem is to succeed of cracking walls when i play with my map. I use deteriorate wall but impossible to crack them in my test.

When I was messing around with the broken walls what I did was go to the example maps, "Breakable_Wall"  is one of those maps. Just open it up in the editor and study how it works. It took me about half an hour to do everything perfectly, and to be honest I probably couldn't remake it without looking at it again. One thing that is hard to see in the editor is the DestroyObject script is connected to the SpawnObject script using Ctrl+Alt and the actual wall piece with the 0+0 thing, and you need the SpawnObject scrip to be in the perfect spot (I suggest using 1/4 grid size. If your going to figure it out that way just move around all the scripts so you can see how they are all connected, then make sure you look at exactly what each individual script's settings are and you should be fine.

Clarity

• Community Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2013, 04:21:20 AM »
EDIT: I can get the lone xml files to run, but I can't do it whilst in the folders...I think I'm doing something wrong lol.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 05:06:49 AM by Clarity »

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 06:15:25 PM »
Is there a way to prioritize doodads? They tend to tweak but I need them in a certain 'order' I guess?

Clarity

• Community Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2013, 09:19:54 PM »
Erm new problem. Every time I make a map, for some reason the number of lives and the name never changes. I did exactly as the tutorial asked, but it wont work for me...

Linaru

• That Collectable coin is mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2013, 11:04:02 PM »
Erm new problem. Every time I make a map, for some reason the number of lives and the name never changes. I did exactly as the tutorial asked, but it wont work for me...

if your testing the map in the editor it automatically gives you 10 lives for testing purposes.
other wise the info.xml should control all that, double check you've included it in the right folder before compiling?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Stabaddey Stabaddey Zap
-----------------------------------------------------------

Clarity

• Community Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2013, 11:19:30 PM »

if your testing the map in the editor it automatically gives you 10 lives for testing purposes.
other wise the info.xml should control all that, double check you've included it in the right folder before compiling?

Oh...well now I feel like an idiot. Welp, expect a new map today :P

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2013, 01:06:58 AM »
Does anyone know of an easier way to handle multiple doodads in the same spot?