Author Topic: Editor Tutorials  (Read 28927 times)

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
Re: Editor Tutorials
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 09:21:50 AM »
I see a change doodad layer script in the editor - I'm wondering if there is a way to set doodad layers by default without having to script it? This could be a big problem with my campaign if not :*(

EDIT: Figured this one out too - sorry. Not all of the xmls for doodads had this setting, I just happened to go through and check a whole bunch just in case but defaultlayer is the var to change for this!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 09:34:49 AM by Pwnography »

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 02:50:56 PM »
You can also do it for individually placed doodads by selecting them and pressing Ctrl-Number.

muchopanam

• Pixelled Human.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 03:34:01 PM »
For me, the problem is to succeed of cracking walls when i play with my map. I use deteriorate wall but impossible to crack them in my test.

When I was messing around with the broken walls what I did was go to the example maps, "Breakable_Wall"  is one of those maps. Just open it up in the editor and study how it works. It took me about half an hour to do everything perfectly, and to be honest I probably couldn't remake it without looking at it again. One thing that is hard to see in the editor is the DestroyObject script is connected to the SpawnObject script using Ctrl+Alt and the actual wall piece with the 0+0 thing, and you need the SpawnObject scrip to be in the perfect spot (I suggest using 1/4 grid size. If your going to figure it out that way just move around all the scripts so you can see how they are all connected, then make sure you look at exactly what each individual script's settings are and you should be fine.

Thanks my dear to be so patient with me.
Soon i will have time to think about i will see. ThX.
Gimme me Hammer please, i have to save my Princess from the Dragon !

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2013, 12:52:27 PM »
When testing out a map in the editor, is there a way to test using a different hero other than the paladin?

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2013, 01:38:17 PM »
Yup, just load out the Hammerwatch.exe under the HammerEditor.exe. Play solo, custom and choose your map. You'll be able to select your map.

You can let the game launched on the main menu while editing your map, saving it and by launching a new custom game your map will be updated with the changes from editor :)

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2013, 06:36:30 AM »
Ah yes I know of that way I just wanted to know if there was a way through the editor - that ctrl t is an awesome shortcut lol. Maybe this could be added as a feature in a later build.