Author Topic: Can't fire in certain directions  (Read 5915 times)

Frucifer

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Can't fire in certain directions
« on: August 19, 2013, 03:45:54 PM »
I hestitate to post this, because it seems so basic that I must be playing the game wrong, but:

I cannot shoot in certain directions with certain characters. For the ranger, I can't shoot Southwest. When pressing the Hold key (LShift) I can't shoot Southwest, South, or Southeast. There is no sound or animation.

With the Warlock, I can't shoot Southwest, or any southern direction with the dagger. With the lightning blast, I can't shoot Northwest, or any Western direction with the Hold key on.

The other characters have some bugs too. I'm using Windows 7 x64 on an Alienware machine.

Anyone else experienced this?

Juschlan

• I like trains.
    • View Profile
Re: Can't fire in certain directions
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 04:41:03 PM »
wow, that sounds crazy^^
Are you sure you aren't pressing any keys, if you press to much things at the same time, some buttons stop working.
example: if I walk southwest ( S+A) I can't open the (tab) map

Frucifer

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 05:21:25 PM »
Yes, I'm only pressing the required buttons: S+A + Up Arrow or S + LShift + Up Arrow

Juschlan

• I like trains.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 11:49:08 PM »
sec: what does lshift? :D never use it, does it also open the map?

Ellis Dee

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 11:02:57 AM »
Hey,

I have an Alienware M17x r4 & have the same issue, shooting south-west whilst trying to move.

The problem is keyboard ghosting, some keys not working when multiple keys are pressed, if you take a look at this site:

http://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/antighostingexplained.mspx

use the little app at the top of the screen, on my keyboard its A with down or left arrow keys.

Unfortunately there is nothing the developer can do to resolve this issue, the only work around would be to change you key setup or use a controller.

Hope this helps,
Ellis Dee

Frucifer

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 09:01:14 PM »
There is no patch from Alienware?

kryty

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 01:21:51 PM »
There is no patch from Alienware?
It can't be patched, it's a hardware feature of the keyboard. Most keyboards only accept a fixed number of combinations you can push. You could use another keyboard which has anti-ghosting or a keyboard which can accept any buttons at all times. One example would be mechanical keyboards that can give nkro through USB or using a mechanical keyboard through PS/2 (not all motherboards have this and it's rare on laptops).

Another possibility is that you can experiment with different settings ingame to find settings that do work together.