Author Topic: Preview Window  (Read 6188 times)

Grizwhirl

• Ooh what's that do?
    • View Profile
Preview Window
« on: August 13, 2013, 09:08:30 AM »
Is it possible to put in a preview window in the editor so I can see what each tileset or doodad is before I place it?

Juschlan

• I like trains.
    • View Profile
Re: Preview Window
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 12:06:17 PM »
I used the editor before and after some time you will know what the tile name is for
a_crn_l_dn
Theme A, corner, left, down. Pretty simple, but pictures would really be easier to deal with, and yet I found no way to do that. Maybe that will be added in the future.

Linaru

• That Collectable coin is mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 12:24:33 PM »
the naming layout makes it pretty easy to tell what things are, and when working with custom graphics you name them all your self.

tough i agree a preview would be helpful i'm not sure how well it would work, aside form the fact that would take a lot of programming to add a preview window, doodads can be almost any size so depending on the size of the preview window you might not be able to see much on larger ones.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Stabaddey Stabaddey Zap
-----------------------------------------------------------

Juschlan

• I like trains.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 12:52:03 PM »
I don't think it's much work. But I don't know, howto programm things^^ All I know is: it's a giant wall of text.

Just say there's a preview window above the list (or below) that shows the tile you selected. You can scroll in/out to change the zoom, if your mouse hovers over the preview window(Or using +/- buttons).

I think that would be a good idea. Maybe it will be added soon  :P

And maybe there will be a "Suggestions" thread on the forum, because atm I feel wrong  :(

Grizwhirl

• Ooh what's that do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 03:51:53 PM »
Ya I've started to get the naming down now after playing with it for a few hours ;D, was just wondering if it was something to be added later.

kanita

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 08:32:28 AM »
if You copy the assets.bin and drag it into the resource extractor it will create a folder that shows all the game elements, you can look at the .xmls to see how they do custom mobs or items.

just put your own inside the appropriate folder.
Enjoy the real success with 70-486 exam and cisco ccna online training programs and latest Braindumps.com Also prepare for next level with quality