Author Topic: Multi layer copy/paste  (Read 4282 times)

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
Multi layer copy/paste
« on: August 21, 2013, 08:19:42 PM »
I saw that it's impossible to copy/paste 2 or more layers at the same time. For example, I would like to copy some scripts attached to a doodad and copy it as much as I want. Unfortunately it's impossible because we can't copy the scripts AND the doodad at the same. Will it the be possible in a next patch ? It would be awesome to simplify flame ground labyrinth creation.

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
Re: Multi layer copy/paste
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 09:28:14 AM »
I tried to edit the xml file of my level. I made a separated xml file containing only the portion of the level that I want to copy/paste. I pasted dictionaries of this separated file in my main xml and it works...

But the problem still remain in the scripts : the pasted scripts are still linked to the original doodads, and not to the pasted ones  :-\

There's a problem in the doodads ID detection by the scripts...

Linaru

• That Collectable coin is mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 11:52:53 AM »
I saw that it's impossible to copy/paste 2 or more layers at the same time. For example, I would like to copy some scripts attached to a doodad and copy it as much as I want. Unfortunately it's impossible because we can't copy the scripts AND the doodad at the same. Will it the be possible in a next patch ? It would be awesome to simplify flame ground labyrinth creation.

i know myran had some plans for script prefabs that would make this easier but i dont know how far away that is. in the mean time we just have to put up with it im afraid.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Stabaddey Stabaddey Zap
-----------------------------------------------------------

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 02:56:39 PM »
It's possible to do, but a bit of a pain..  if you make a new level with only what you want to copy, like a flame trap. Then save the level and open it in a text editor (like notepad), then select everything and copy it. You should then be able to paste the entire level in to the editor.