Author Topic: [Suggestion] Is the game dead? Nope! Here's how to prove it.  (Read 11160 times)

rahlzel

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] Is the game dead? Nope! Here's how to prove it.
« on: August 22, 2013, 03:23:27 AM »

Juschlan

• I like trains.
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Is the game dead? Nope! Here's how to prove it.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 11:25:26 AM »
Lol. Since release I didn't play one single time multiplayer^^

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 09:21:40 PM »
i only ever see one or two games, and they dont let me join except maybe 1 in a while. and I can't host on port 9995 because apparently most ISPs block ports <~1000ish.

Would like to start a petition to be able to change the port for hosted games :(

Psyborg

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 11:12:10 PM »
ISPs are allowed to block ports??

All I had to do was forward it from my router to the computer that was hosting...

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 05:54:54 PM »
I forwarded the port, I'm in IT and do this kind of thing for people all the time. I also opened my NAT to open, even tried static routes and DMZ separately. Unless my router is "forwarding" but "not forwarding" this is likely my ISP blocking the port. I wish the port number used for the game was customizable :(

kryty

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 06:48:53 PM »
Another thing that could be added would be passwords. Easier to create private servers, no need for people to kick others if want to use basic server browser with friends and so on. It's annoying seeing that there's tons of servers available and having to go through most of them to find a game where the host won't kick you.

snowhusky5

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 10:37:07 PM »
I didn't have to forward my port at all and people still join! Dunno why that happened. How do you see games in progress in the browser?

rahlzel

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 11:05:07 PM »
How do you see games in progress in the browser?
You don't - yet (hopefully). I Photoshopped that and added in the "In Progress" games to show how it would look with that as a new feature.

Clarity

• Community Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 11:39:54 PM »
I think this is a great idea, but I don't think anyone feels the game is dead, I mean it still has a small community and is still an infant in terms of development thus far.

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 01:39:25 AM »
We do plan on adding this and also adding so you can actually join those in progress games, so that should help with the empty server browser.

rahlzel

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 01:41:24 AM »
We do plan on adding this and also adding so you can actually join those in progress games, so that should help with the empty server browser.
Nice! Thanks for the info!

slithica

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 05:16:45 AM »
Here are a few things I would love to see. Make a small competition for map making with a prize of $100 or so, lots of people would compete and then the game would have many new maps with a few really good ones being chosen to be included in the game and the other still available for others to download. This would improve the replay value with almost no work from the 2 man team that made the game. Improve the game greatly while costing very little effort. I think it's a great idea.

Linaru

• That Collectable coin is mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 07:30:19 AM »
Here are a few things I would love to see. Make a small competition for map making with a prize of $100 or so, lots of people would compete and then the game would have many new maps with a few really good ones being chosen to be included in the game and the other still available for others to download. This would improve the replay value with almost no work from the 2 man team that made the game. Improve the game greatly while costing very little effort. I think it's a great idea.

and who is going to pay the $100 ? :p
-----------------------------------------------------------
Stabaddey Stabaddey Zap
-----------------------------------------------------------

slithica

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 01:44:56 PM »
The developers of the game of course!

Kavex

• Modder/Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 02:46:28 PM »
Another great feature would be adjust search by ping so you can fined closer people ... well just more adjustable search options

I forwarded the port, I'm in IT and do this kind of thing for people all the time. I also opened my NAT to open, even tried static routes and DMZ separately. Unless my router is "forwarding" but "not forwarding" this is likely my ISP blocking the port. I wish the port number used for the game was customizable :(

I'm in IT as well and that is a silly port to block. Who is your ISP because I've worked with a lot of them.

and who is going to pay the $100 ? :p

You would have an entry fee
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 02:49:09 PM by Kavex »