Author Topic: [ASK] Elf sprites  (Read 9851 times)

Xeronkar

• Boss scripter
    • View Profile
[ASK] Elf sprites
« on: February 24, 2014, 08:45:25 PM »
Hello everyone :)

So, Eternahl is maybe about quiting my team working about Requiem of Hammerwatch, and I will probably work alone then. In fact, he was the only one who was able to make custom graphics. So i'm starting to search a SERIOUS worker to continue Requiem of Hammerwatch with me, and I need a graphical help.

So, if someone is interested, i searching a custom sprite of elves, starting from those sprites :

And if you want to continue (and if you do a great work), you could join the team, helping to made this campaign even better.

I don't want to spoil even more the story here, so, thanks for (maybe) your help :3
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 08:52:49 PM by Xeronkar »

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
Re: [ASK] Elf sprites
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 02:56:07 PM »
Getting help on projects is pretty tough. This is the biggest reason Ravenwatch is taking so long (I'm coming up on a year here). I haven't been able to find any help at all, though some people will volunteer they either never follow through or they realize the amount of work and tap out. You gotta reaaally want it!

If you don't know how to do graphics or pixel art or anything, you should learn. Before working on Ravenwatch I had never drawn anything ever. Never even installed photoshop before. Now I've purchased a pad and stylus to make my artwork go faster. If you could see the difference in my first art and the art I have now its a stupid huge gap :P

Anyways, my point is if you want to make this game you can. You just have to be willilng to learn and try new stuff. Also, Hipshot and I are always here to help answer questions or give advice!

Also, there are a lot of pixel art communities out there that can provide advice or tutorials for beginners.

Xeronkar

• Boss scripter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 10:41:48 AM »
Thanks for your reply Pwo, but i'm currently preparing some competitive examination  to enter in a video game school, and if I can make it, I will probably have some great persons to help me.

Of course i could make it on my own, but i want an excellent result, not a simple sprite to just allow me to continue, I want quality before quantity.

Anyway, I'm still searching, and have maybe found someone. If I really can't find anyone with great skills, I will have to do it by myself, but I want to try to find talented people first :)

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 10:05:22 AM »
It is difficult and takes a lot of time =) You should know that the first pixel art I ever made was for this game when we started developing it somewhere around Christmas 2013.

I feel that smaller projects might be a better way to go and when you completed that, you can see if you can handle a larger one. Also, relying on others is not something you wanna do =)

Xeronkar

• Boss scripter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 04:55:15 PM »
Christmas 2013 ? The game was already out, no ?

But you're right, relying on others is not a good thing, and I posted here with the hope to found someone to help me, and if not, I will do it by myself, I already started to modify some characters, and I will continue unless someone want to join the team.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 08:04:11 PM »
Xmas 2012  ::)

TheFreshPrince

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 11:09:28 AM »
Hello,
I know this is a little late but if you are still seeking help on your HW map I am open to volunteering.

I do not know how to make custom pixel graphics unfortunately but if you were to teach me I would definitely follow through and continue to make more custom pixels when I have time.
Just like you I also prefer quality over quantity and have always been a sucker my whole life taking the extra time to make something look good.
I know basic scripting in HW editor but as said previously I would be open to learning and then performing if needed.
I have played your map and have noticed some errors and fixes which need to be made which I would enjoy doing.
I am currently 15 (Student) with no part time job and would have plenty of time to work on this map.

Thank you for taking the time to read this - Kael
Also I have linked the elf sprites which I had no idea what I was hoping to achieve. - I have redone the colours but the main point was mainly to show you that I am serious about looking to help you.

Xeronkar

• Boss scripter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 01:53:44 AM »
Hello FreshPrince,

Yes, the project is still going. But for now, i'm very busy because i'll move out in another country very soon. I'm also working to make some extra cash.
To talk about your work, it's quite good, but i can't say by seeing it "oh, it's elfs characters !", and that's what i'm searching for.
I don't have any tips for now because I don't have good skills in chara-making, but hang on, and maybe we'll be able to make some deal ;)

TheFreshPrince

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 09:16:02 AM »
Sounds good.  :)

hoffa911

• Monkey With A Gun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 05:28:04 AM »
Got bored, messed with one of the characters from your sheet...it's not much but I figured I'd see if this was something a little closer to what you were looking for? All I really did was attempt to give him a pair of "Elven" ears, and long hair. You may want to open it in windows viewer/paint/whatever to zoom into about the size it would be in the game.

UPDATE:

Uploaded wrong file initially. sorry. Should be fixed.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:35:27 AM by hoffa911 »